GNUradio and Windows 7

I have finally been able to get GNUradio to run under Windows 7 but have
the following issues when running GNUradio-Companion.py:

  1. When I select blocks to be placed in the working window I can’t move
    the block around.

  2. I have been running a relatively simple program on my Linux computer
    but when trying to run it on the Windows computer I get the following
    error:
    :Invalid argument
    C:\Users\Al\AppData\Roaming.gnuradio\Prefs\gr_vmcircbuf_default_factory:
    No such file or directory
    :Invalid argument

The program consists of a File Source going to a Throttle going to both
a WX GUI FFT Sink and a WX GUI Waterfall Sink. When I run the program
both the Waterfall and FFT positions come up but only the Waterfall
actually appears but with nothing happening. If I disable the Waterfall
Sink then the FFT grid comes up but with nothing happening. And of
course the above error message comes up in each case.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Al

That is a known issue with the wxGTK implementation on Windows, and
not specific to Gnu Radio, unfortunately.

On 26 Jan 2013 12:46,
[email protected] wrote:

I have finally been able to get GNUradio
to run under Windows 7 but have the following issues when running
GNUradio-Companion.py:

  1. When I select blocks to be placed in the
    working window I can’t move the block around.

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 9:50 AM, [email protected] wrote:

**

That is a known issue with the wxGTK implementation on Windows, and not
specific to Gnu Radio, unfortunately.

I think Balint S. recently fixed this:

http://gnuradio.org/cgit/gnuradio.git/commit/?id=d3c7e93f

It’s on the master branch and will be part of release 3.6.4.

Johnathan

On 26 Jan 2013 13:08, Johnathan C. wrote:

On Sat, Jan 26,
2013 at 9:50 AM, <[email protected] [1]> wrote:

That is a known
issue with the wxGTK implementation on Windows, and not specific to Gnu
Radio, unfortunately.
I think Balint S. recently fixed this:

http://gnuradio.org/cgit/gnuradio.git/commit/?id=d3c7e93f [2]

It’s
on the master branch and will be part of release 3.6.4.

Johnathan

Ah. Awesome!

Not that I use Windows, but it will make Gnu
Radio seem less like rubbish to newbs on Windows, which is always a good
thing…

Links:

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs