GNU Radio release candidate 3.5.0rc0 available for download

GNU Radio release candidate 3.5.0rc0 has been tagged on the master
branch
and made available as a tarball:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/attachments/download/281/gnuradio-3.5.0rc0.tar.gz

As a release candidate, this tarball represents what will be in the
3.5.0
release, absent bug fixes discovered in testing.

To avoid issues with multiple versions of GNU Radio being installed, it
is
important to uninstall an existing installation using the “make
uninstall”
command from your source tree.

Also, please remember that when building GNU Radio from a tarball, one
does
not need to run the “bootstrap” step.

Johnathan

Il 29/10/2011 22:03, Johnathan C. ha scritto:

uninstall" command from your source tree.
Discuss-gnuradio Info Page
i expected to find the /CMakelists.txt/ file inside to rc0 tarball to
build with cmake…but there is no trace at all…will it be inserted
in the final release of 3.5.0 ?

Regards, Arturo

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 13:55, Arturo R. [email protected]
wrote:

i expected to find the CMakelists.txt file inside to rc0 tarball to
build with cmake…but there is no trace at all…will it be inserted in
the final release of 3.5.0 ?

The cmake build system is still experimental, and our plan is to
maintain
the autotools system as the “stable” build for making tarballs during
the
3.5.x release series. We do encourage people who are using git to build
with cmake.

The cmake system does have the ability to generate distribution
tarballs,
and part of the testing needed is to compare the output of autotools
generated tarballs and cmake generated tarballs and work out any
differences.

Once we have 3.5.0 out the door, we’ll be making a new ‘next’ branch in
the
repository that will ultimately become 3.6. It is on this ‘next’ branch
that we’ll remove autotools and rely entirely on cmake.

Johnathan

On Sat, 2011-10-29 at 13:03 -0700, Johnathan C. wrote:

uninstall" command from your source tree.

Also, please remember that when building GNU Radio from a tarball, one
does not need to run the “bootstrap” step.

Hello,

I’m new to gnuradio and have downloaded the Debian packages as well as
built from source. However, in these builds there is no uhd kernel
driver. And in your latest release candidate above there is no kernel
driver either.

Looking at the ettus webpage,

http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki

there seems to be a separate git directory for the driver:
git clone git://code.ettus.com/ettus/uhd.git

in addition to the rest of the code:
git clone git://gnuradio.org/gnuradio

However, I did not manage to build the driver either with cmake or the
autotools yet.

Additionally, from the uhd wiki there are links for Ubuntu, Fedora and
Darwin, not Debian. Any ideas how to build/find a pre-packaged driver to
get started? There also seems to be a script available, also for Ubuntu
+Fedora, not Debian.

Thanks!

Svante -

UHD is an entirely different project from GNURadio. UHD provides the
firmware & API for Ettus R. SDRs. GNURadio has support for
UHD-compatible devices, through gr-uhd, but they are different projects.
You can, in fact, install GNURadio without UHD, and use GNURadio with
SDRs
that are not USRPs, or without any actual hardware at all.

If you have questions about using UHD with USRPs, you can get help from
us
on the USRP-Users list!

If you want to build GNURadio with the gr-uhd component, you will need
build and install UHD prior to building & installing GNURadio. You
didn’t
say what was keeping you from building UHD in your last e-mail, so I
don’t
really have any information to help you yet. If you still need help,
send
your error messages to the USRP-Users list, linked above, and we will do
what we can to help you =)

Cheers,
Ben

On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 12:00 -0700, Ben H. wrote:

above, and we will do what we can to help you =)
I used git to download the uhd code and tried to build it. But I did not
succeed with autotools or cmake, se below. Additionally there does not
seem to be any Debian packages available. So building from source would
be the only option for now. I’ll subscribe to USRP-Users mailing list if
needed.

Thanks!

    Looking at the ettus webpage,

    http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki

    there seems to be a separate git directory for the driver:
 git clone git://code.ettus.com/ettus/uhd.git

Johnathan -

Awesome! I’m building the git tag now. I’ll let you know if I
encounter
anything =)

Cheers,
Ben

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Johnathan C. <

Nella citazione in data mar 01 nov 2011 22:22:06 CET, Ben H. ha
scritto:

> UHD is an entirely different project from GNURadio.  UHD
> from us on the USRP-Users
> so I don't really have any information to help you yet.  If you
list if
<http://code.ettus.com/ettus/uhd.git>

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
Discuss-gnuradio Info Page

i can’t find the bug tracker to post the cmake -build-package
error…can you link me to it ?

Regards, Arturo

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Arturo R. [email protected]
wrote:

there. We will be happy to field any issues you may have while using UHD.

Svante -

GNURadio. You
seem to be any Debian packages available. So building from source

you link me to it ?

Regards, Arturo

To submit an issue (or ticket), go to http://gnuradio.org and login (you
can use the guest:gnuradio account) and click on “New Issue.”

Thanks,
Tom

Svante -

You say “see below”, but I’m not seeing any error messages or attached
files in your e-mail. Tell me if they are there and I’m just not seeing
them, as it might be my mail client.

Regardless, yes, please join the USRP-Users list, and post your
questions
there. We will be happy to field any issues you may have while using
UHD.
I think we have de-railed Johnathan’s 3.5.0 RC announcement enough at
this
point :wink:

Cheers,
Ben