GNU Radio release 3.2.2 available for download

GNU Radio version 3.2.2 has been released. This release contains
important bug fixes. In particular, the broken examples in the
digital example directory have been fixed, and the missing files from
the binary packages have been restored.

Source distribution tarballs:

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuradio/gnuradio-3.2.2.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuradio/gr-howto-write-a-block-3.2.2.tar.gz

The release 3.2 Wiki page is available at:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/Release3.2Branch

The Ubuntu 9.04 binary packages for both 32-bit and 64-bit
architectures have also been posted.

Johnathan C.
Corgan Enterprises LLC

Hi,

After installing gnuradio 3.2.2 version on intrepid,
$ find_usrps returns this error:

find_usrps: error while loading shared libraries: libusrp2.so.0: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory

I followed the building process on
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UbuntuInstall
Tried several times, but getting the same error.

Any idea to clear this error?

Up to yesterday, 3.0.3 version worked fine.

Johnathan C. wrote:

GNU Radio version 3.2.2 has been released. This release contains
important bug fixes. In particular, the broken examples in the
digital example directory have been fixed, and the missing files from
the binary packages have been restored.

Source distribution tarballs:

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuradio/gnuradio-3.2.2.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuradio/gr-howto-write-a-block-3.2.2.tar.gz

The release 3.2 Wiki page is available at:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/Release3.2Branch

The Ubuntu 9.04 binary packages for both 32-bit and 64-bit
architectures have also been posted.

Johnathan C.
Corgan Enterprises LLC

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 09:22, Yc Park[email protected] wrote:

find_usrps: error while loading shared libraries: libusrp2.so.0: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can you perform:

$ ls -l /usr/local/lib/libusrp2*

And post the output?

This is the default location that the installation program will put
the libusrp2 libraries, unless you tell it differently.

Also, can you try running:

$ sudo ldconfig

…and then retry find_usrps?

Did you uninstall 3.0.3 first?

Johnathan

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Yc Park[email protected] wrote:

import _qtgui
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-qtgui.so.0: undefined symbol:
_ZN9QwtPicker5resetEv

This looks like you’re not finding the QwtPicker::reset routine in
libqwt. Try upgrading to the latest Qwt. I’m running 5.2.0 (and
QwtPlot3D version 0.2.6).

I’d like to know where this is coming from so if it’s a general
problem it can be fixed. Qwt and QwtPlot3D don’t have the nicest
installation processes, so they can be finicky on different Linux
distros. I’ve worked with it on Ubuntu, Fedora, and OpenSuse. Which
versions of the qwt libraries are you using and what distro?

Tom

Thanks to your comment, now I can run find_usrps.
But this time I’ve got two issues:

  • scope and fft_sink flickers twice a second.
  • import gnuradio.qtgui makes an error :

from gnuradio.qtgui import qtgui
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/qtgui/qtgui.py”,
line 6, in
import _qtgui
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-qtgui.so.0: undefined symbol:
_ZN9QwtPicker5resetEv

Actually, expecting better qtgui is the reason I’ve upgraded, but it’s
not working…

Help would be very much appreciated.

% I did sudo make uninstall before installing 3.2.2
% I used to have make errors about qt3Dlib, but did not get them during
the final try. anyway, I wonder if these things got related.

Johnathan C. wrote:

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 09:22, Yc Park[email protected] wrote:

find_usrps: error while loading shared libraries: libusrp2.so.0: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can you perform:

$ ls -l /usr/local/lib/libusrp2*

And post the output?

This is the default location that the installation program will put
the libusrp2 libraries, unless you tell it differently.

Also, can you try running:

$ sudo ldconfig

…and then retry find_usrps?

Did you uninstall 3.0.3 first?

Johnathan

to make sure everything qwt related is intalled, I did

sudo apt-get install libqwtplot3d-doc libqwtplot3d-qt3
libqwtplot3d-qt3-dev libqwtplot3d-qt4 libqwtplot3d-qt4-dev
sudo apt-get install libqwt5-doc libqwt5-qt4 libqwt5-qt4-dev libqwt5-qt3
libqwt5-qt3-dev

and reinstalled after uninstall.
Same result from the error on libusrp2.so.0 as I mentioned.
Then still I get the error when I import qtgui

I installed Qwt5.0.2 from the source code.
My system is ubuntu8.10(intrepid).

Well, I wonder if I could had a script or some ways that everything is
installed before hand?

Tom R. wrote:

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Yc Park[email protected] wrote:

� �import _qtgui
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-qtgui.so.0: undefined symbol:
_ZN9QwtPicker5resetEv

This looks like you’re not finding the QwtPicker::reset routine in
libqwt. Try upgrading to the latest Qwt. I’m running 5.2.0 (and
QwtPlot3D version 0.2.6).

I’d like to know where this is coming from so if it’s a general
problem it can be fixed. Qwt and QwtPlot3D don’t have the nicest
installation processes, so they can be finicky on different Linux
distros. I’ve worked with it on Ubuntu, Fedora, and OpenSuse. Which
versions of the qwt libraries are you using and what distro?

Tom

Yc Park wrote:

Thanks to your comment, now I can run find_usrps.
But this time I’ve got two issues:

  • scope and fft_sink flickers twice a second.

try disabling visual effects/compositing

-Josh

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 3:36 AM, Yc Park[email protected] wrote:

I installed Qwt5.0.2 from the source code.
My system is ubuntu8.10(intrepid).

Well, I wonder if I could had a script or some ways that everything is
installed before hand?

I’m assuming configure passes gr-qtgui and you have no errors when you
make?

What happens if you uninstall all of the qwt/qwtplot3d packages
related to qt3? We run exclusively on qt4, and I’m wondering if maybe
you’re linking against the qt3 version of the library at runtime.

Tom

Hi all,

Thanks for your help. but I’ve decided to upgrade to 9.04 and download
the binary package.

But that’s not easy either. gnuradio.org is not responding for hours…

Thanks anyway.

Maybe I’d ask some more questions later on.

Tom R. wrote:

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 3:36 AM, Yc Park[email protected] wrote:

I installed Qwt5.0.2 from the source code.
My system is ubuntu8.10(intrepid).

Well, I wonder if I could had a script or some ways that everything is
installed before hand?

I’m assuming configure passes gr-qtgui and you have no errors when you
make?

What happens if you uninstall all of the qwt/qwtplot3d packages
related to qt3? We run exclusively on qt4, and I’m wondering if maybe
you’re linking against the qt3 version of the library at runtime.

Tom

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs