GNU Radio Companion execute error

Hi:

I download grc_0.69 and run it.

But I gat error message:

jacky@jacky-desktop:~/grc_0.69/src$ python Editor.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “Editor.py”, line 46, in

from ActionHandler import ActionHandler

File “/home/jacky/grc_0.69/src/ActionHandler.py”, line 29, in

import Graphics

File “/home/jacky/grc_0.69/src/Graphics/init.py”, line 24, in

from MainWindow import MainWindow

File “/home/jacky/grc_0.69/src/Graphics/MainWindow.py”, line 29, in

from FlowGraph import FlowGraph

File “/home/jacky/grc_0.69/src/Graphics/FlowGraph.py”, line 34, in

import SignalBlockDefs

File “/home/jacky/grc_0.69/src/SignalBlockDefs/init.py”, line 23,
in

from SignalBlockTree import

SB_TREE,get_signal_block,TagNotFoundException

File “/home/jacky/grc_0.69/src/SignalBlockDefs/SignalBlockTree.py”,
line
32, in

import Misc

File “/home/jacky/grc_0.69/src/SignalBlockDefs/Misc.py”, line 25, in

from gnuradio import gr,blks

ImportError: cannot import name blks

My system is “Ubuntu 7.10 + gnuradio 3.1.1”

Thank you advising.

Jacky,

This is because the latest gnuradio trunk no longer has blks package.
You can run gnuradio 3.1.1 release with grc 0.69. Or, use the latest grc
trunk with the latest gnuradio trunk.

Let me know if there are any problems. Sometime soon, I should make a
grc release that works with the current gnuradio trunk.

-Josh

Hi:

Josh B. is right!

Use the latest grc trunk(by command $svn…), it can work.

But, use the grc 0.69 is not work.

Thanks.

[...]

Hello,

I am also facing the “ImportError: cannot import name blks” problem.
My OS is Ubuntu 7.10 and I am not sure what my gnuradio version is, I
followed the wiki Ubuntu installing instructions [1] and installed
gnuradio
using:

svn co http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk gnuradio
cd gnuradio
./bootstrap && ./configure && make && make chek && make install

Josh B. wrote:

This is because the latest gnuradio trunk no longer has blks package.
You can run gnuradio 3.1.1 release with grc 0.69. Or, use the latest grc
trunk with the latest gnuradio trunk.
-Josh

I figured out this is the answer to my problem but I don’t know what I
have
to do to use the latest grc trunk (I am not really familiar with
gnuradio
yet).

Regards,
Irene

[1] http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UbuntuInstall

http://www.nabble.com/GNU-Radio-Companion-execute-error-tp15606493p16851003.html

Josh B. wrote:

This is because the latest gnuradio trunk no longer has blks package.
You can run gnuradio 3.1.1 release with grc 0.69. Or, use the latest grc
trunk with the latest gnuradio trunk.
-Josh

I figured out this is the answer to my problem but I don’t know what I
have
to do to use the latest grc trunk (I am not really familiar with
gnuradio
yet).
Regards,
Irene

[1] http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UbuntuInstall

http://www.nabble.com/GNU-Radio-Companion-execute-error-tp15606493p16850995.html

irene159 wrote:

The “blks” module is old and has been removed from the recent trunk. It
is now called “blks2”. This code looks like its using the old style flow
graph, so it’s not likely to work with current versions. Someone will
either need to update this, or you’ll have to roll back your version of
GNU Radio.

Tom

The blks package was removed from gnuradio a while back. And this error
is a problem with the most current release of GRC and gnuradio.

I have been meaning to release the current trunk as a version 0.70
(which will fix this problem). After this release, I will replace the
grc trunk with the branch I have been working on.

The branch supports code generation and some other neat features.
Checkout this (in progress) guide
Josh Knows | Error! Page probably not found if anyone is
interested. When this semester is over, I plan to finish the guide/make
tutorials and examples/add features like hierarchical blocks…

Unless there are any objections, I will release the 0.70 later today.

-Josh

Tom R. wrote:

To be fair, GRC was switched over to hier2 blocks pretty early on. But I
overlooked one import blks line that was in the Custom.py module (just a
blank file for users to put custom block wrappers in).

The import blks didnt even need to be there, but was overlooked because
it caused 0 problems when gnuradio had both blks and blks2 modules. Even
when gnuradio had the blks removed, many people who upgraded would still
have the old module in their /usr/local.

Its fixed in the trunk, and soon to-be release.

-Josh