Glimmer Goes Web!

Last September, I gave a talk titled “Intro To Ruby in the Browser” about how to use Ruby for Frontend Development in Rails as a complete replacement for JavaScript as per Matz’s RubyConf 2022 Keynote Speech. I concluded the talk by mentioning a then upcoming project called Glimmer DSL for Web that would make Ruby in the Browser the simplest, most intuitive, most straight-forward, and most productive Software Engineering experience in Frontend Development in any Programming Language or Technology. Well, The future is now! Glimmer DSL for Web (Ruby in the Browser Web GUI Frontend Library) just had its 0.2.2 Beta Release!

Continue reading blog post…:

GitHub Repo for Glimmer DSL for Web ( Ruby in the Browser Web GUI Frontend Library ) :

RubyGem ( glimmer-dsl-web ) :

https://rubygems.org/gems/glimmer-dsl-web

1 Like

That’s great news, Andy! It’s exciting to see Ruby gaining more ground in web development through initiatives like Glimmer DSL for web. It seems like a promising project that can really boost the productivity of Ruby developers. I’ll be sure to check out the new 0.2.2 Beta Release and your blog post. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work. Cheers!