*** glibc detected *** nginx:

I’m getting the following dump sporadically while using nginx for
smtp/tls.
I saw a patch Igor posted in 2007 to what looked like a similar error.
Anyone here run into this issue ?

*** glibc detected *** nginx: worker process: free(): invalid pointer:
0x080ee084 ***
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib/tls/i686/nosegneg/libc.so.6[0xb7c72495]
/lib/tls/i686/nosegneg/libc.so.6(cfree+0x90)[0xb7c75f70]
nginx: worker process[0x805901f]
nginx: worker process[0x805984e]
nginx: worker process[0x80963ac]
nginx: worker process[0x809262a]
nginx: worker process[0x8092939]
nginx: worker process[0x805e23d]
nginx: worker process[0x805d726]
nginx: worker process[0x805d5b4]
nginx: worker process[0x8062aa5]
nginx: worker process[0x8061581]
nginx: worker process[0x80631ae]
nginx: worker process[0x804c784]
/lib/tls/i686/nosegneg/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xe0)[0xb7c1c450]
nginx: worker process[0x804b501]
======= Memory map: ========
08048000-080a3000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 155795
/usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx
080a3000-080ab000 rw-p 0005b000 08:01 155795
/usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx
080ab000-08185000 rw-p 080ab000 00:00 0 [heap]
b7a00000-b7a21000 rw-p b7a00000 00:00 0
b7a21000-b7b00000 —p b7a21000 00:00 0
b7bbb000-b7bc5000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 188614 /lib/libgcc_s.so.1
b7bc5000-b7bc6000 rw-p 0000a000 08:01 188614 /lib/libgcc_s.so.1
b7bca000-b7bd3000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 189055
/lib/tls/i686/nosegneg/libnss_files-2.7.so
b7bd3000-b7bd5000 rw-p 00008000 08:01 189055
/lib/tls/i686/nosegneg/libnss_files-2.7.so
b7bd5000-b7bdd000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 189057
/lib/tls/i686/nosegneg/libnss_nis-2.7.so
b7bdd000-b7bdf000 rw-p 00007000 08:01 189057
/lib/tls/i686/nosegneg/libnss_nis-2.7.so
b7bdf000-b7bf3000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 189052
/lib/tls/i686/nosegneg/libnsl-2.7.so
b7bf3000-b7bf5000 rw-p 00013000 08:01 189052
/lib/tls/i686/nosegneg/libnsl-2.7.so
b7bf5000-b7bf7000 rw-p b7bf5000 00:00 0
b7bf7000-b7bfe000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 189053
/lib/tls/i686/nosegneg/libnss_compat-2.7.so
b7bfe000-b7c00000 rw-p 00006000 08:01 189053
/lib/tls/i686/nosegneg/libnss_compat-2.7.so
b7c00000-b7c02000 rw-p b7c00000 00:00 0
b7c02000-b7c04000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 189049
/lib/tls/i686/nosegneg/libdl-2.7.so
b7c04000-b7c06000 rw-p 00001000 08:01 189049
/lib/tls/i686/nosegneg/libdl-2.7.so
b7c06000-b7d52000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 189046
/lib/tls/i686/nosegneg/libc-2.7.so
b7d52000-b7d53000 r–p 0014c000 08:01 189046
/lib/tls/i686/nosegneg/libc-2.7.so
b7d53000-b7d55000 rw-p 0014d000 08:01 189046
/lib/tls/i686/nosegneg/libc-2.7.so
b7d55000-b7d58000 rw-p b7d55000 00:00 0
b7d58000-b7d6c000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 68110
/usr/lib/libz.so.1.2.3.3
b7d6c000-b7d6d000 rw-p 00013000 08:01 68110
/usr/lib/libz.so.1.2.3.3
b7d6d000-b7e97000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 68635
/usr/lib/i686/cmov/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
b7e97000-b7eac000 rw-p 00129000 08:01 68635
/usr/lib/i686/cmov/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
b7eac000-b7eaf000 rw-p b7eac000 00:00 0
b7eaf000-b7eed000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 68636
/usr/lib/i686/cmov/libssl.so.0.9.8
b7eed000-b7ef1000 rw-p 0003d000 08:01 68636
/usr/lib/i686/cmov/libssl.so.0.9.8
b7ef1000-b7ef2000 rw-p b7ef1000 00:00 0
b7ef2000-b7f18000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 68610
/usr/lib/libpcre.so.3.12.1
b7f18000-b7f19000 rw-p 00026000 08:01 68610
/usr/lib/libpcre.so.3.12.1
b7f19000-b7f22000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 189048
/lib/tls/i686/nosegneg/libcrypt-2.7.so
b7f22000-b7f24000 rw-p 00008000 08:01 189048
/lib/tls/i686/nosegneg/libcrypt-2.7.so
b7f24000-b7f4b000 rw-p b7f24000 00:00 0
b7f4e000-b7f4f000 rw-s 00000000 00:07 2387700 /dev/zero (deleted)
b7f4f000-b7f51000 rw-p b7f4f000 00:00 0
b7f51000-b7f6b000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 188592 /lib/ld-2.7.so
b7f6b000-b7f6d000 rw-p 00019000 08:01 188592 /lib/ld-2.7.so
bf952000-bf968000 rw-p bf952000 00:00 0 [stack]
bfffe000-bffff000 r-xp bfffe000 00:00 0
2009/03/13 16:19:09 [alert] 2893#0: worker process 8536 exited on signal
6

nginx version: nginx/0.6.35
–with-mail --with-mail_ssl_module --with-http_ssl_module
–without-http_geo_module --without-http_fastcgi_module
–without-http_memcached_module

Thanks

Think I found a fix while reading through the change log of the dev
version

Changes with nginx 0.7.33 02 Feb
2009

*) Bugfix: a segmentation fault might occur in worker process if
   "resolver" directive was used in SMTP proxy.

I remove the resolver directive since it was not needed and that fixed
it.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs