Getting error undefined method acts_as_taggable

Although the plugin acts_as_taggable is installed, and there is a table
in the database named tags having a primary key id and a varchar key
names… but when i am using the acts_as_taggable in my posting model,
it is giving an error of “undefined method acts_as_taggable”. I don’t
know how to solve this particular problem? If anyone has any idea
regarding this, then plz let me knw the solution.

are you using acts as bookmarkable?

Ruchita S. wrote:

Although the plugin acts_as_taggable is installed, and there is a table
in the database named tags having a primary key id and a varchar key
names… but when i am using the acts_as_taggable in my posting model,
it is giving an error of “undefined method acts_as_taggable”. I don’t
know how to solve this particular problem? If anyone has any idea
regarding this, then plz let me knw the solution.

Am using the plugin acts_as_taggable.

mixplate wrote:

are you using acts as bookmarkable?

Ruchita S. wrote:

Although the plugin acts_as_taggable is installed, and there is a table
in the database named tags having a primary key id and a varchar key
names… but when i am using the acts_as_taggable in my posting model,
it is giving an error of “undefined method acts_as_taggable”. I don’t
know how to solve this particular problem? If anyone has any idea
regarding this, then plz let me knw the solution.

im not really sure, the reason i asked was because in an application i
created, i installed acts as bookmarkable and acts as taggable and got
the error acts as taggable not defined.

Hi –

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, mixplate wrote:

im not really sure, the reason i asked was because in an application i
created, i installed acts as bookmarkable and acts as taggable and got
the error acts as taggable not defined.

Did you restart your server after installing the plugin?

David

hi… i have only installed acts_as_taggable and am getting the error
undefined
method acts_as_taggable.

mixplate wrote:

im not really sure, the reason i asked was because in an application i
created, i installed acts as bookmarkable and acts as taggable and got
the error acts as taggable not defined.

Does acts_as_taggable_on_steroids plugin aork same as acts_as_taggable?

Moises D. wrote:

Ruchita wrote:

hi… i have only installed acts_as_taggable and am getting the error
undefined
method acts_as_taggable.

How have do you installed the plugin??

Do you know that this plugin was moved to legacy dir…?

http://dev.rubyonrails.org/browser/plugins/legacy/acts_as_taggable/init.rb

I recomend you the acts_as_taggable_on_steroids plugin… it’s simply
better

http://agilewebdevelopment.com/plugins/acts_as_taggable_on_steroids

Ruchita wrote:

hi… i have only installed acts_as_taggable and am getting the error
undefined
method acts_as_taggable.

How have do you installed the plugin??

Do you know that this plugin was moved to legacy dir…?

http://dev.rubyonrails.org/browser/plugins/legacy/acts_as_taggable/init.rb

I recomend you the acts_as_taggable_on_steroids plugin… it’s simply
better

http://agilewebdevelopment.com/plugins/acts_as_taggable_on_steroids

hi… solved ds error by including " require_gem ‘acts_as_taggable’ "
in config/environments.rb file.

Ruchita wrote:

Does acts_as_taggable_on_steroids plugin aork same as acts_as_taggable?

Moises D. wrote:

Ruchita wrote:

hi… i have only installed acts_as_taggable and am getting the error
undefined
method acts_as_taggable.

How have do you installed the plugin??

Do you know that this plugin was moved to legacy dir…?

http://dev.rubyonrails.org/browser/plugins/legacy/acts_as_taggable/init.rb

I recomend you the acts_as_taggable_on_steroids plugin… it’s simply
better

http://agilewebdevelopment.com/plugins/acts_as_taggable_on_steroids

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs