From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: New ticket has been created

It doesn’t show any HELO or “Received from” info in the log. Is it
supposed to? I can’t figure out why with two different smtp server
settings, I’m getting the exact same error message. I found a couple of
threads on the list that went over similar problems, but the solutions
didn’t work in my case.

If I am just using my machine as a localhost smtp server do I need to
even specify any server_settings options? I tried not specifying any and
just leaving everything at the default, but still got the 501:HELO
hostname error. Sorry for the long-winded mail, but I’ve been going in
circles for the better part of a day with this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

OK. I’ll save everyone the trouble of answering, and hopefully save
someone the hoop-jumping that I went through. After a reboot of my
machine it is working now with all of the default server settings. I’m
running ruby and rails within Locomotive, and I guess the
config/environment files are cached even after restarting the server via
Locomotive. This seems to contradict the rails docs, which say that when
running in development mode the config files are reloaded every time.
Anyways, sorry for the bandwidth.