GEMs not installing properly

Hi,
I’m having trouble with the KirbyBase gem. I installed it, using:

gem install KirbyBase.

It appeared to install. I’ve done it 2 or 3 times now. And, when I type:

gem list --local,

it lists KirbyBase 2.6.

But, when I try and run some code with KirbyBase required at the top, it
gives me an error, “no such file to load.”

C:\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\KirbyBase-2.6\examples\csv_import_test>csv_import
_test.rb
C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/KirbyBase-2.6/examples/csv_import_test/csv_import
_test.rb:3:in `require’: no such file to load – kirbybase (LoadError)
from
C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/KirbyBase-2.6/examples/csv_import_te
st/csv_import_test.rb:3

Thanks,
Peter

On 9/22/06, Peter B. [email protected] wrote:

But, when I try and run some code with KirbyBase required at the top, it
gives me an error, “no such file to load.”

Is your RUBYOPT environment variable set to “rubygems”, as described
in this section of the RubyGems User’s Guide?

http://rubygems.org/read/chapter/3

If not, I suspect that’s the problem.

Hope this helps,

Lyle

Peter B. wrote:

Hi,
I’m having trouble with the KirbyBase gem. I installed it, using:

gem install KirbyBase.

It appeared to install. I’ve done it 2 or 3 times now. And, when I type:

gem list --local,

it lists KirbyBase 2.6.

But, when I try and run some code with KirbyBase required at the top, it
gives me an error, “no such file to load.”

C:\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\KirbyBase-2.6\examples\csv_import_test>csv_import
_test.rb
C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/KirbyBase-2.6/examples/csv_import_test/csv_import
_test.rb:3:in `require’: no such file to load – kirbybase (LoadError)
from
C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/KirbyBase-2.6/examples/csv_import_te
st/csv_import_test.rb:3

Thanks,
Peter

Lyle’s advice is probably what you need to know.

This is what it looks like for me, using ruby 1.8.4 (2006-04-14)
[i386-mswin32], installed with OneClickInstaller 184-19:

C:\localapp\Program
Files\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\KirbyBase-2.6\examples\csv_import_test>ruby
csv_import_test.rb
Records imported: 11

name | country | role | speed | range

B-17 | USA | Bomber | 315 | 1400
FW-190 | Germany | Fighter | 399 | 499
JU-88 | Germany | Bomber | 289 | 999
ME-109 | Germany | Fighter | 366 | 514
Oscar | Japan | Fighter | 361 | 777
P-39 | USA | Fighter | |
P-47 | USA | Fighter | 365 | 888
P-51 | USA | Fighter | 405 | 1210
Spitfire | Great Britain | Fighter | 345 | 540
Typhoon | Great Britain | Fighter-Bomber | 389 | 690
Zero | Japan | Fighter | 377 | 912

David

Tim H. wrote:

Peter B. wrote:

Thanks,
Peter

Have you set up the RubyGems environment to use the gem you installed?

http://docs.rubygems.org/read/chapter/3#page70

Thank you all for your help. Yes, it works perfectly now. No, I didn’t
know about setting up that environment variable. I just installed 1.8.5
the other day, not using the one-click installer.

Thanks again.
Peter

Peter B. wrote:

Thanks,
Peter

Have you set up the RubyGems environment to use the gem you installed?

http://docs.rubygems.org/read/chapter/3#page70

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs