Just a quick announcement for people interested in GemPlugin. GemPlugin
the plugin system for Mongrel (http://mongrel.rubyforge.org) which
implements a dynamic plugin loading system without anything more than
RubyGems and dependencies. The 0.2.1 release features:
- Works with edge rails by doing a better require on the init.rb file
- Has a way for you to package resources and config files and then load
into Ruby. This was used to package erb templates for the Mongrel
configtool (a Camping app).
- Should work without getting in the way of your regular gems and also
doesn’t use any deprecated stuff (thanks Austin).
- A little generator script called gpgen that will get you started with
plugin very quickly.
- Does not depend on any Mongrel code and is Ruby licensed rather than
LGPL so people are free to use it.
You can check the docs for GemPlugin at:
And you can grab it with:
$ gem install gem_plugin
Finally here’s some documentation on writing a Mongrel plugin which I’m
someone can take for their own uses:
Zed A. Shaw