GemInstaller 0.5.1 has been released!
by Chad W.
Automated Gem installation, activation, and much more!
GemInstaller provides automated installation, loading and activation
of RubyGems. It uses a simple YAML config file to:
- Automatically install the correct versions of all required gems
wherever your app runs.
- Automatically ensure installed gems and versions are consistent
across multiple applications, machines, platforms, and environments
- Automatically activate correct versions of gems on the ruby load
path when your app runs (‘require_gem’/‘gem’)
- Automatically reinstall missing dependency gems (built in to RubyGems
- Automatically detect correct platform to install for multi-platform
gems (built in to RubyGems > 1.0)
- Print YAML for “rogue gems” which are not specified in the current
config, to easily bootstrap your config file, or find gems that were
manually installed without GemInstaller.
- Allow for common configs to be reused across projects or
environments by supporting multiple config files, including common
config file snippets, and defaults with overrides.
- Allow for dynamic selection of gems, versions, and platforms to be
used based on environment vars or any other logic.
- Avoid the “works on demo, breaks on production” syndrome
- Solve world hunger, prevent the global energy crisis, and wash your
=== Quick Start:
- [sudo] gem install geminstaller