Fwd: Porting GNURadio to arm-linux platform

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rohit G. [email protected]
Date: Aug 19, 2007 11:51 AM
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Porting GNURadio to arm-linux platform
To: Bdale Garbee [email protected]

Hi,

Not a strictly related question to the subject, but does the arm have
enough power to decode even FM radio? I say this with no malice to
anybody. I am just curious. I have heard of arm and we will study it
in our university undergrad course in a few weeks in much more detail
than i know it now.

However, it might come in useful for transferring files, as has been
discussed in this list before.

On 8/18/07, Bdale Garbee [email protected] wrote:

Bdale

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
Discuss-gnuradio Info Page

Rohit G.

Rohit G.

I don’t think typical arm-processors are not that powerful to decode
FM radio, well maybe but I’m not sure, but for my purpose they pretty
much enough.
Actually, we wanted to use the gnuradio for real-time signal
processing of sensor data such as acceleration, sound, ambient light,
and other chemical sensor data. And their sampling rates are not that
fast, of course. Although the gnuradio may not aim to do those kinds
of jobs, we are thinking it is well tested and suitable software for
our purpose :).

Younghun