Fwd: My SRP - Problem deciding on the RF Front End design

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Prasanna R. [email protected]
Date: Aug 22, 2007 10:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] My SRP - Problem deciding on the RF
Front
End design… need help.
To: Chris Albertson [email protected]

Hello Chris,

Firstly I thank for your sincere advice…

Microtune devices seem to have a high IF at around 25+ MHz which far
too
much for my requirement. Do they provide lower-IF devices…? i gues they
do,
but cant find locate them on their site.

As for the ADC output, I would be using a DDC to down-convert the
samples
to the baseband spectrum. By that way I can have just one common IF at
say
10 MHz for various types of information channels including FM AM audio.
But
yes, the fast data stream required in processing TV signals may need a
UDP-like mode of data transfer…

A small doubt I have here is, can I use the cable TV device to
downconvert
audio AM-FM channels? I guess we can… kindly advice…

Regards,
Prasanna