Fwd: GtkRecentChooser API glitch

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Emmanuele B. [email protected]
Date: Jul 11, 2006 10:47 PM
Subject: GtkRecentChooser API glitch
To: GTK Development List [email protected]
Cc: [email protected], [email protected]

Hi all;

Unfortunately, when importing the GtkRecent API in GTK+ I made a mistake
and these two functions have been erroneously left inside the
GtkRecentChooser interface API:

gtk_recent_chooser_set_show_numbers()
gtk_recent_chooser_get_show_numbers()

These two functions try to set the “show-numbers” property, which is
installed only by GtkRecentChooserMenu and it’s not one of the
properties defined by the GtkRecentChooser interface. Using these
functions on a GtkRecentChooserMenu (or any other custom
GtkRecentChooser implementation which defines a boolean “show-numbers”
property) will yield the expected results, while using them on a
GtkRecentChooser implementation that do not support the “show-numbers”
property will result in a warning.

Since we are in a stable release we can’t mark those functions as
deprecated, and we cannot remove them without breaking the API. You are
advised not to use these functions: use the GtkRecentChooserMenu
functions instead:

gtk_recent_chooser_menu_set_show_numbers()
gtk_recent_chooser_menu_get_show_numbers()

Language binding authors should not bind those functions, but bind the
GtkRecentChooserMenu functions instead.

These functions will be marked as deprecated as soon as GTK+ will branch
off for the 2.11/2.12 cycle, so you’ll have to bear with this
inconsistency for a short period of time.

Again, sorry for the mess.

Ciao,
Emmanuele.

Emmanuele B., E: [email protected]
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.net
B: http://log.emmanuelebassi.net

gtk-devel-list mailing list

Guillaume C. - http://zarb.org/~gc/

security?
easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:01:20 +0200
“Guillaume C.” [email protected] wrote:

Unfortunately, when importing the GtkRecent API in GTK+ I made a mistake
GtkRecentChooser implementation which defines a boolean “show-numbers”
gtk_recent_chooser_menu_get_show_numbers()

Language binding authors should not bind those functions, but bind the
GtkRecentChooserMenu functions instead.

These functions will be marked as deprecated as soon as GTK+ will branch
off for the 2.11/2.12 cycle, so you’ll have to bear with this
inconsistency for a short period of time.

rb_undef_method ?

.:% Masao M.[email protected]