Fwd: BPSK Demodulator (i.e. Receiver) Award/Challenge

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: w w [email protected]
Date: Thu, May 7, 2009 at 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BPSK Demodulator (i.e. Receiver)
Award/Challenge
To: Ed Criscuolo [email protected]

Ed,
I was wondering if you know how to implement or have examples in
GNURadio to
decode the various enCoding schemes like NRZ-l, NRZ-M, Bi-phase-L,
Bi-Phase-M…etc? I’ve looked and don’t recall seeing NRZI to NRZ
decoder
blocks…can you point me the right direction? Is this part of the
spacecraft ground station project? If so, shouldn’t these blocks be
moved
into the trunk? Sorry for the 20 questions.

Cheers,
Jody

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Ed Criscuolo
<[email protected]

Ed,
I took a look at your project and I got to say nice work and it seems to
be
very well documented! In my honest opinion, I think some of your
blocks
should included in the main GNUradio project…espcially the NRZ
block.
It would be also nice to have the other encoding schemes included as
well in
the main GNUradio project.

Cheers,
Jody

w w wrote:

Ed,
I took a look at your project and I got to say nice work and it seems to
be very well documented! In my honest opinion, I think some of your
blocks should included in the main GNUradio project…espcially the
NRZ block. It would be also nice to have the other encoding schemes
included as well in the main GNUradio project.

Thanks for the kind words! :slight_smile:

I would be quite happy for the NRZ and NRZI blocks to be included
in the project. They were coded as part of the “gr” package, so
they should be ready to go. I believe they comply with all the coding
standards for inclusion.

How can we make this happen?

@(^.^)@ Ed

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 06:00:50PM -0400, Ed Criscuolo wrote:

I would be quite happy for the NRZ and NRZI blocks to be included
in the project. They were coded as part of the “gr” package, so
they should be ready to go. I believe they comply with all the coding
standards for inclusion.

How can we make this happen?

@(^.^)@

This would be great, Ed!

I’ll send you the info off list in the next message.

Eric