Fw: Re: Questions about your lte receiver

Hi,I’m forwarding the conversation I had a couple days ago with Johannes
Demel so you can add it to the list.Cheers,Frederic Manteau---------
Original Message ---------From: [email protected]: “MANTEAU
Frédéric” <[email protected]>Subject: Re: Questions about your
lte receiverDate: 05/07/2014 15:51:16 (Wed)-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED
MESSAGE-----

Hi Frederic,

gr-lte will always sync to a signal. If there is only noise it will
decode only garbage though. A good indicator for a failed sync is that
only a very few, if at all any, MIBs are decoded.

Also please post questions on the GR mailing list, so other can benefit.

happy hacking
Johannes

On 07.05.2014 15:28, MANTEAU Frédéric wrote:
> Mr Johannes D.,
>
> I am trying to use your lte gnuradio receiver and am currently
> facing some problems. I was wondering if you could spend some time
> to help me tackling them.
>
> I noticed that, whatever central frequency i am setting for my
> USRP, I always get a lte signal identified and a MIB returned.
> Thus, I was wondering which result I should expect when no signal
> is detected by my USRP.
>
> I attached you the fft what I get from my USRP at 400MHz with a
> bandwidth of 10MHz. I didn’t expect any sync to happen but I ended
> up having a MIB with the following characteristics: N_ant = 1,
> N_rb_dl = 6, PHICH: dur = 0, res = 0,17.
>
> Do you have any clues about the causes of this results? Do you know
> if there is any case when I have a “sync failed” result?
>
> Thank you for your attention,
>
> Best regards,
>
> Frederic Manteau

SILICOM