Fw: Re: problem with tvrx , wbx and AO-51

— On Mon, 7/6/10, naveen nischal [email protected] wrote:

From: naveen nischal [email protected]
Subject: Fw: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with tvrx , wbx and AO-51.
To: [email protected]
Date: Monday, 7 June, 2010, 10:22 PM

From: naveen nischal [email protected]
To: “Patrik T.” [email protected]
Date: Monday, 7 June, 2010, 10:20 PM

Hi Patrik,
Thanks for the reply. I have been using the usrp_wbfm_rcv.py receiver
found in the examples directory. and the antenna is a YA450-14.7-24 i
have attached a picture of the antenna.Should I be using a broadband
preamp or can i do without it?Do you find any  problem with what i have
been doing?
Thanks & Regards,Naveen.

From: Patrik T. [email protected]
To: “naveen nischal” [email protected],
[email protected]
Date: Saturday, 5 June, 2010, 1:48 PM

Hi Naveen,
Which receiver are you using? I use the usrp_nbfm_rcv.py
receiver found in the examples directory
It seems to be transmitting at the moment @ 435.300
MHz, http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/echo/CTNews.php
What antenna are you using?
Sample received AO-51 using USRP and TVRX + broadband (TV)
preamp Loading...
Patrik

      From: naveen nischal <[email protected]>
      Subject: Fw: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with tvrx , wbx

and AO-51.
To: [email protected]
Date: Monday, 7 June, 2010, 10:22 PM

            --- On Mon, 7/6/10, naveen nischal

              From: naveen nischal <[email protected]>
              Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with tvrx ,

wbx and AO-51.
To: “Patrik T.” [email protected]

                      From: Patrik T. <[email protected]>
                      Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem with

tvrx , wbx and AO-51.
To: “naveen nischal”
[email protected], [email protected]
Date: Saturday, 5 June, 2010, 1:48 PM

                      Hi Naveen,

                      Which receiver are you using? I use the

usrp_nbfm_rcv.py receiver found in the examples directory
It seems to be transmitting at the moment @
435.300 MHz, http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/echo/CTNews.php

                      What antenna are you using?

                      Sample received AO-51 using USRP and TVRX +

broadband (TV) preamp Loading...

                      Patrik

i have been using the both the tvrx and wbx daughter boards for
communicating with the ham radio at 435.300Mhz. I am not too good at
python so i use GRC. However when i try to receive from the voice from
the AO-51 satellite at the same 435.3Mhz frequency i dont get anything.
Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

                            Thanks & Regards,
                            Naveen

Discuss-gnuradio Info Page