Fw: Re: Error in executing filtering example

— On Fri, 2/1/13, Ghulam Rasool B. [email protected] wrote:

From: Ghulam Rasool B. [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error in executing filtering example
To: “Tom R.” [email protected]
Date: Friday, February 1, 2013, 8:28 PM

Thanks for reply.
Actually from the presentation I could get all values but for variable
block with ID as taps , i was not sure what value I should choose as it
was not clear from the presentation i downloaded. I guess if proper
value is given to that block, the flow graph will run.

From: Tom R. [email protected]
To: “Ghulam Rasool B.” [email protected]
Cc: “Gnu Radio” [email protected]
Date: Friday, February 1, 2013, 8:04 PM

On Fri,
Feb 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM, Ghulam Rasool B. [email protected]
wrote:

Hi all,

I was simulating filtering.grc example fromDigital Modulation Primer
using GNU Radio by Tom R…However during execution it gives
following error. Can anybody
help it out.

Executing: “/home/ehsan/mygn/filtering.py”

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/home/ehsan/mygn/filtering.py”,
line 119, in

tb = filtering() File “/home/ehsan/mygn/filtering.py”, line 83, in
init

self.fft_filter_xxx_0 = filter.fft_filter_ccc(1, (), 1) File
“/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gnuradio/filter/filter_swig.py”,
line 677, in make

return _filter_swig.fft_filter_ccc_make(*args, **kwargs)
RuntimeError: fft_impl_fftw: invalid fft_size

Done

With RegardsG R Begh

Can you tell us what you were doing when you go this error? Was it
running at all?
Tom

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Ghulam Rasool B.
[email protected]wrote:

Thanks for reply.
Actually from the presentation I could get all values but for variable
block
with ID as taps , i was not sure what value I should choose as it
was not clear from the presentation i downloaded. I guess if proper value
is given to that block, the flow graph will run.

The ‘taps’ variable are the filter taps that go into the FFT Filter
block.
As you change these taps, you change the response of the filter. It is
already filled in as " firdes.low_pass_2(1, samp_rate, bw, bw/10.0, 80)"
Where ‘samp_rate’ is static variable set to 100 ksps and the ‘bw’ is a
dynamic variable that can be changed at runtime by the Qt slider.

Tom

Thanks it worked.

From: Tom R. [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fw: Re: Error in executing filtering

[...]