Fw: Re: Converting analog signal to digital

— On Wed, 1/16/13, Ghulam Rasool B. [email protected] wrote:

From: Ghulam Rasool B. [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Converting analog signal to digital
To: “Nazmul I.” [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 8:48 PM

Hi,Actually I want to verify some digital modulation scheme with a
sinusoidal source.
Thanks

From: Nazmul I. [email protected]
To: “GNURadio D.ion List” [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 8:27 PM

Hello Ghulam,

GRC generates discrete complex samples. The concept of “ideal continuous
source” does not exist. Let’s assume you generate a sinusoid with 10 kHz
tone frequency and 1 MHz sampling rate. If you connect
this source block to UHD:USRP_Sink block, the USRP will transmit a 1
MHz sinusoid with a period of 100 discrete samples (1 MHz/10 kHz = 100).

Thanks,
Nazmul

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Ghulam Rasool B.
[email protected] wrote:

Hi,I am a beginner in GRC. How can I convert a signal source(Continuous)
to digital format.

RegardsGRB

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list

Muhammad Nazmul I.

Graduate Student
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Wireless Information & Networking Laboratory
Rutgers, USA.

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----