Fw: multiple ssl certificates for multiple domains but just one IP

The following must be interesting to Nginx main developers:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 10:30:33 -0500 (EST)
From: Wietse V. [email protected]
To: Postfix users [email protected]
Subject: Re: multiple ssl certificates for multiple domains but just
one IP

---------- message body----------
Alokat:

Hi,

I have a server which accepts eMails for multiple Domains.
And I wanna provide for each Domain a SSL certificate.

How can I use SNI (Server Name Indication) with postfix or is there
another way to solve this problem?

This is not yet implemented in Postfix. One option is to use nginx
as a proxy. It supports multiple SSL and non-SSL server names on
one IP address (http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpSslModule).

Wietse

Hello!

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 04:18:08PM +0000, Mark A. wrote:

Alokat:
one IP address (http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpSslModule).

Wietse

This won’t work, nginx doesn’t support SNI for SMTP as well as
Postfix. Additionally, I’m not sure if there are mail clients
which support SNI.

Maxim D.