Fw: AO-51 and GRC

Hi Alex & All,

I use the usrp_nbfm_rcv.py in examples to listen on OSCAR.
Here is a sample audio recording I made a few week ago

Patrik

Hi Patrik,

Thanks for the info. It’s quite good reception you have with the TVRX.
Did you use any low noise amplifier in front of the TVRX?

Cheers

Alex

2009/12/8 Patrik T. [email protected]:

Hi Alex,

I used a 1.2 m long X-yagi and a cheap broadband TV pre-amp
http://www.vekoy.com/product_info.php?cPath=85_402&products_id=12828

EZNEC told me I should get ~14 dB Gain with this gadget, It sure works!
The boom is a PVC pipe and elements are 3.2 mm Al/Ag TIG welding rods, <
$20

An image of the antenna and txt how I made the X-Yagi is at
http://www.poes-weather.com/~patrik/AO-51/

It is tricky to follow the downlink frequency change due to doppler…
Patrik