Frustrating locale setting error

Hi all,

This has been very frustrating for me trying to get this acts_as_ferret
working well on a Fedora box. On my mac it works great, no problems with
locale, but when I put the code live on my Fedora server, it complains
about the locale setting (Error occured at <analysis.c>:498 Error:
exception 2 not handled: Error decoding input string. Check that you
have the locale set correctly). I currently have the latest versions for
both ferret and acts_as_ferret on the two boxes.

I’ve tried all the suggestions I could find, setting the LANG on env.rb,
tried both the examples for setting the utf on
http://projects.jkraemer.net/acts_as_ferret/, which I couldn’t even get
to work due to “`const_missing’: uninitialized constant TokenFilter
(NameError)”, and I even installed mysql 5.0.22 and setting the default
charset on the table structure to utf thinking that would have something
to do, but didn’t.

So here I’m, stuck, hoping you guys could help me out with this issue.

Just FYI, the locale for “en_US” on the fedora box is

en_US
en_US.iso88591
en_US.iso885915
en_US.utf8

Thanks.

Thiago J. wrote:

Hi all,

This has been very frustrating for me trying to get this acts_as_ferret
working well on a Fedora box. On my mac it works great, no problems with
locale, but when I put the code live on my Fedora server, it complains
about the locale setting (Error occured at <analysis.c>:498 Error:
exception 2 not handled: Error decoding input string. Check that you
have the locale set correctly). I currently have the latest versions for
both ferret and acts_as_ferret on the two boxes.

I’ve tried all the suggestions I could find, setting the LANG on env.rb,
tried both the examples for setting the utf on
http://projects.jkraemer.net/acts_as_ferret/, which I couldn’t even get
to work due to “`const_missing’: uninitialized constant TokenFilter
(NameError)”, and I even installed mysql 5.0.22 and setting the default
charset on the table structure to utf thinking that would have something
to do, but didn’t.

So here I’m, stuck, hoping you guys could help me out with this issue.

Just FYI, the locale for “en_US” on the fedora box is

en_US
en_US.iso88591
en_US.iso885915
en_US.utf8

Thanks.

Well, just to let you guys know, instead of setting the LANG=utf on
env.rb, I tried en_US.iso88591 and that seems to be working fine for
now.

On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 12:30:28PM +0200, Thiago J. wrote:

Well, just to let you guys know, instead of setting the LANG=utf on
env.rb, I tried en_US.iso88591 and that seems to be working fine for
now.

LANG=en_US.utf8 should work, too. At least in theory…

Jens


webit! Gesellschaft für neue Medien mbH www.webit.de
Dipl.-Wirtschaftsingenieur Jens Krämer [email protected]
Schnorrstraße 76 Tel +49 351 46766 0
D-01069 Dresden Fax +49 351 46766 66

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs