From Development to production, Error

Hi you all,

I have an app working correctly in Development mode.

For changing to Production I have:

  • Copied database schema and data from myapp_development database to
    myapp_production database.
  • Executed the script/server with “–environment=production”.

And when accesing the app I get this error:

Mysql::Error in BugsController#index
#28000Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

Why I get this error? In fact, when accesing to http://localhost:3000/,
when click on “About your application’s environment”, I get:

Routing Error
no route found to match “/rails/info/properties” with {:method=>:get}

suggestions? :frowning:

On 13 Jan 2008, at 13:58, Damaris F. wrote:

And when accesing the app I get this error:

Mysql::Error in BugsController#index
#28000Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

Why I get this error?
Because your production server has a different password for the root
mysql user? (Perhaps you’re not even supposed to be using the root
user, I certainly wouldn’t).

Fred

No… it’s the same server, with the tree database there (test,
development, production)… The database.yaml is also correct.

I feel idiot. Yeah, I mistyped the pwd for the production database :frowning:
However, when accesing to http://localhost:3000/,
when click on “About your application’s environment”, I get:

“The page you were looking for doesn’t exist.
You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.”

I don’t care, cause I’m gonna make my own index page, but I wonder what
the problem is.

Damaris F. wrote:

No… it’s the same server, with the tree database there (test,
development, production)… The database.yaml is also correct.

Um, ok, thanks :slight_smile:

On Jan 14, 2008, at 12:36 PM, Damaris F. wrote:

I feel idiot. Yeah, I mistyped the pwd for the production database :frowning:
However, when accesing to http://localhost:3000/,
when click on “About your application’s environment”, I get:

“The page you were looking for doesn’t exist.
You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.”

I don’t care, cause I’m gonna make my own index page, but I wonder
what
the problem is.

It may be related to this:

 http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/8349

That patch is a bit old, I have not checked whether it still can be
applied cleanly.

– fxn

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs