Freightrain 0.8.0 released

== Freightrain
Ruby desktop development made easyFreightrain is a framework for
developing desktop applications with ruby. Currently stable support is
available for gtk+ only but Qt and WxWidgets are also supported.

to try it out:gem install freightrain
gem install gtk2 (for gtk+)ftrain new testappcd testapp
ruby testapp.rbEnjoy!

– new in 0.8.0Fixed support for gtk+, now supports gtk2 1.1 and higher

–Andrea D.
http://usingimho.wordpress.comhttp://github.com/bolthar

Hi Andrea:

I was super impressed with freightrain, when I looked at it last year.
I was just learning ruby then, so now I’m sure I’ll understand it
better. I’m really glad to see your latest release. Do you have docs?

Thanks,
Eric

P.S. All the advise you gave me about my program was correct. I’ve
stripped it down to exactly what you suggested. I’m going to be
releasing it soon. Its called visual ruby. I’m starting the docs now.

rb testapp.rb
info: Mocha gem not found - install it with ‘gem install mocha’ if you
want to use AutoStubber in tests
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/freightrain-0.8.0/lib/freightrain/…/extensions/gtk/widgets/gtk_widget.rb:22:in
name': undefined methodbuilder_name’ for #<Gtk::Window:0xb7225698
ptr=0x8441218> (NoMethodError)
from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/freightrain-0.8.0/lib/freightrain/…/extensions/gtk/interface_builder.rb:29:in
create_object_accessors' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/freightrain-0.8.0/lib/freightrain/../extensions/gtk/interface_builder.rb:28:ineach’
from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/freightrain-0.8.0/lib/freightrain/…/extensions/gtk/interface_builder.rb:28:in
create_object_accessors' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/freightrain-0.8.0/lib/freightrain/views/interface_builder.rb:13:inload_from_file’
from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/freightrain-0.8.0/lib/freightrain/views/freight_view.rb:44:in
initialize' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/freightrain-0.8.0/lib/freightrain/ioc/registry.rb:17:innew’
from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/freightrain-0.8.0/lib/freightrain/ioc/registry.rb:17:in
resolve' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/freightrain-0.8.0/lib/freightrain/ioc/container.rb:18:in[]’
from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/freightrain-0.8.0/lib/freightrain/viewmodels/freight_view_model.rb:29:in
bootstrap' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/freightrain-0.8.0/lib/freightrain/viewmodels/freight_view_model.rb:23:innew’
from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/freightrain-0.8.0/lib/freightrain/ioc/registry.rb:17:in
resolve' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/freightrain-0.8.0/lib/freightrain/ioc/container.rb:18:in[]’
from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/freightrain-0.8.0/lib/freightrain/bootstrapper.rb:31:in
start' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/freightrain-0.8.0/lib/freightrain/../extensions/gtk/gtk_bootstrapper.rb:28:instart_main_loop’
from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/freightrain-0.8.0/lib/freightrain/bootstrapper.rb:30:in
`start’
from testapp.rb:9

Hmm not sure what I did wrong.

Does it require a specific GtkVersion?