From: Phil C. [email protected]
Date: Thu, May 24, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Rails] Help with inserting multiple records via console
To: [email protected]

Not exactly, you could create an array of params hashes and iterate over
it. Using your example, it would be something like:

[{:title => “Test title 1”, :body => “Test body text 1, …”,
:published_at
=> Date.today}, {:title => “Test title 2”, :body => “Test body text
2…”,
:published_at => Date.today}].each{ |params| Article.create(params) }

At some point you might want to look into gems like factory_girl;
usually
used for testing, but could also be used to seed a development
environment
with a little more convenience.

Phil

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 7:54 PM, captain awesome <
[email protected]> wrote:

Thank you

Groups
“Ruby on Rails: Talk” group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at

Take a look at http://startup-talents.com/, may help you.

Hi All,

I am a Ruby Developer… I am looking for a new ROR (sub)
contract/freelance role.

In my last contract i actively contributed to the web project and using
Rails, Postgresql, CoffeeScript, jQuery, TDD/BDD based testing with
Ruby(RSpec, Cucumber, Capybara) libraries to develop web applications.

I am available for an immediate start.

Thanks

Ikenna