Force ppt(x) and pps(x) to be downloaded instead of being served as plain text

Nginx 1.5.7, ppt(x) and pps(x) are served as plain text (of course with
strange characters) by nginx.
How can I have them always as a download?

On 6 December 2013 10:54, Lorenzo R. [email protected]
wrote:

Nginx 1.5.7, ppt(x) and pps(x) are served as plain text (of course with
strange characters) by nginx.

How can I have them always as a download?

Probably by setting the appropriate MIME type up:
http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpCoreModule#types

For ppt files it must work, check your mime.types nginx config:

./mime.types: application/vnd.ms-powerpoint ppt;

For another formats you must add something similar

2013/12/6 Lorenzo R. [email protected]:

Nginx 1.5.7, ppt(x) and pps(x) are served as plain text (of course with
strange characters) by nginx.

How can I have them always as a download?


nginx mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.nginx.org/mailman/listinfo/nginx

С уважением, Соколов Евгений

Hello!

On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 12:12:49PM +0100, Sokolov E. wrote:

For ppt files it must work, check your mime.types nginx config:

./mime.types: application/vnd.ms-powerpoint ppt;

For another formats you must add something similar

The mime.types in 1.5.7 contains pptx as well, see here:

http://hg.nginx.org/nginx/file/tip/conf/mime.types#l67

Most likely, the mime.types file is not included into
configuration.


Maxim D.
http://nginx.org/en/donation.html

On 12/06/13 15:09, Jonathan M. wrote:

How can I have them always as a download?
Probably by setting the appropriate MIME type up:
http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpCoreModule#types

Or by adding (in location or server)

default_type application/octet-stream;

http://nginx.org/r/default_type

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs