From: Yuri R. [email protected]
Subject: First GUI application using TK
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 01:35:11 +0900

I’ve installed Ruby 1.8.6 and ActiveTcl 8.5.5 but when i try to execute
this code
(snip)
i received an errore message like "Impossible to run the application.
tk84.dll has not founded. Maybe a new installation could solve the
problem.

Your tcltklib.dll (installed a part of your Ruby 1.8.6) will be
compiled for Tcl/Tk 8.4.x.
Please use ActiveTcl 8.4.x or recompile tcltklib.dll for Tcl/Tk 8.5.x.

If you want to recompile tcltklib.dll, please read
ext/tk/README.ActiveTcl and ext/tk/README.tcltklib.

When tcltklib.dll is compiled for Tcl/Tk 8.4.x with

–enable-tcltk-stubs (and link to tclstub8.4/tkstub8.4),

possibly the tcltklib.dll works with DLLs of Tcl/Tk 8.5.x.

From: Yuri R. [email protected]
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 01:35:11 +0900

I’ve installed Ruby 1.8.6 and ActiveTcl 8.5.5 but when i try to execute
this code
(snip)
i received an errore message like "Impossible to run the application.
tk84.dll has not founded. Maybe a new installation could solve the
problem.

Your tcltklib.dll (installed a part of your Ruby 1.8.6) will be
compiled for Tcl/Tk 8.4.x.
Please use ActiveTcl 8.4.x or recompile tcltklib.dll for Tcl/Tk 8.5.x.

If you want to recompile tcltklib.dll, please read
ext/tk/README.ActiveTcl and ext/tk/README.tcltklib.

When tcltklib.dll is compiled for Tcl/Tk 8.4.x with

–enable-tcltk-stubs (and link to tclstub8.4/tkstub8.4),

possibly the tcltklib.dll works with DLLs of Tcl/Tk 8.5.x.

Thank you very much!

I’ve installed ActiveTcl 8.4.x and now it works fine. :wink: