Hi - this is my first day with Ruby on Rails.
I’m starting out by working through the Helloworld (Hello Ruby) example
program printed up in “Agile Web D. with Rails.”
My steps are as in the text:
- ruby script/generate controller Say
- edit the proper file and add the hello method
- fire up the browser using address http://localhost:3000
- fire up the browser again using the address
steps 1 and 2 are easy
step 3 produces a nice “Rails: Welcome Aboard” page
Getting started Here’s how to get rolling:
- Create your databases and edit config/database.yml
Rails needs to know your login and password.
2. Use script/generate to create your models and controllers
To see all available options, run it without parameters.
3. Set up a default route and remove or rename this file
Routes are setup in config/routes.rb.
step 4 produces nothing
I’m at a loss. I thought that I did what was needed.
Yet the web browser screen comes back empty.
Note that I didn’t setup a database nor setup a default route.
If that is perhaps the issue then that’s where I’ll need to start.