Find the 3 newest rows in the database


#1

Hi,

I have an Adverts table with a created_at column. I would like to get
back the 3 newest adverts. How would I do this.

Thanks

David


#2

david wrote:

I have an Adverts table with a created_at column. I would like to get
back the 3 newest adverts. How would I do this.

This depends on what you’re using, but it’s a relatively simple SQL
statement:

SELECT *
FROM adverts
ORDER BY created_at DESC
LIMIT 3;

Are you using DBI? Straight SQL? ActiveRecord? Og?

Pistos


#3

Pistos C. wrote:

david wrote:

I have an Adverts table with a created_at column. I would like to get
back the 3 newest adverts. How would I do this.

This depends on what you’re using, but it’s a relatively simple SQL
statement:

SELECT *
FROM adverts
ORDER BY created_at DESC
LIMIT 3;

Are you using DBI? Straight SQL? ActiveRecord? Og?

Pistos

ActiveRecord


#4

david wrote:

Pistos C. wrote:

david wrote:

I have an Adverts table with a created_at column. I would like to get
back the 3 newest adverts. How would I do this.

This depends on what you’re using, but it’s a relatively simple SQL
statement:

SELECT *
FROM adverts
ORDER BY created_at DESC
LIMIT 3;

Are you using DBI? Straight SQL? ActiveRecord? Og?

Pistos

ActiveRecord

find(:all, :limit => 3, :order => ‘created_at DESC’)

Check out the Rails mailing list, it would be better to ask these sort
of questions there.

j`ey
http://www.eachmapinject.com


#5

use SQL of

SELECT * FROM Adverts ORDER BY created_at DESC LIMIT = 3;


#6

Advert.find(:all, :order => “created_at DESC”, :limit => 3)