File uploads giving "page not found" on IE


#1

I am having a really wierd problem in IE. I have a simple file upload
form with two selects and a textarea. This is a medical transcription
application - very simply an administrator can upload a file and assign
it to both a doctor and a transcriptionist at the same time and
optionally provide a note to the transcriptionist.

If I remove the MT selector, it always works. If it’s on there,
some/most of the time we get a “page cannot be displayed”. This is
only in production, not development, and only in IE. Of course, when I
get “page cannot be displayed”, nothing shows up in lighty’s log.

I use the same form for doctors, just with the extra three fields
removed, and needless to say, it seems to always work then.

Anybody seen this and have a potential workaround? Besides Mozilla?

I’ll post code if anyone thinks it’ll help. There’s very little
involved.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael Darrin Chaney
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
http://www.michaelchaney.com/


#2

would you please post code?


#3

Michael,

I have noticed the same problem on my own upload’s of files. Do you
happen to be running behind Lighttpd SSL, because I only notice that my
file
uploads are broken when I am using IE with SSL, which I am trying to
find a workaround for :frowning:

-Curtis

On 03:31 Tue 07 Mar , nina zhang wrote:

would you please post code?


Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.


Thanks,
Curtis


#4

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 06:56:12AM +0000, Curtis Spencer wrote:

Michael,

I have noticed the same problem on my own upload’s of files. Do you
happen to be running behind Lighttpd SSL, because I only notice that my file
uploads are broken when I am using IE with SSL, which I am trying to
find a workaround for :frowning:

It’s your lucky day:
$HTTP[“useragent”] =~ “^(.MSIE.)|(.AppleWebKit.)$” {
server.max-keep-alive-requests = 0
}

I should have remembered this, since I was bitten on the arse by this
problem under Apache about two months ago (different site).

I just found this out there somewhere, but it seems to have fixed the
problem completely. This is almost identical to the fix that I did
under Apache:

BrowserMatch “MSIE 4.0b2;” nokeepalive downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

Note that the regex could be cleaned up considerably, probably to
“(MSIE)|(AppleWebKit)”.

Michael

Michael Darrin Chaney
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
http://www.michaelchaney.com/