File.symlink

While working with Ivan on the amp project, I came across a windows
error
when trying to create symlinks using File.symlink. This is
well-documentedhttp://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/File.html#M002533and
has a
few http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/85/1697/Dir.html
fixeshttp://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/246292,
but nothing realistic. The Windows-only implementation of Ruby, wuby,
uses
the mklink in Vista and Win7 to create symlinks. While this isn’t
necessarily a consideration for IronRuby, I was wondering if any of you
have
come across a decent solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Ryan R.

Email: [email protected]
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanriley
Blog: http://wizardsofsmart.net/
Twitter: @panesofglass
Website: http://panesofglass.org/

Wasn’t Wuby an April Fool’s joke?

I would love to see us support Junctions and links down the road, but I
don’t see that happening until post 1.0.

JD

While working with Ivan on the amp project, I came across a windows
error when trying to create symlinks using File.symlink. This is
well-documentedhttp://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/File.html#M002533
and has a fewhttp://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/85/1697/Dir.html
fixeshttp://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/246292,
but nothing realistic. The Windows-only implementation of Ruby, wuby,
uses the mklink in Vista and Win7 to create symlinks. While this isn’t
necessarily a consideration for IronRuby, I was wondering if any of you
have come across a decent solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Ryan R.

Email: [email protected]mailto:[email protected]
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanriley
Blog: http://wizardsofsmart.net/
Twitter: @panesofglass
Website: http://panesofglass.org/

Note, that when I say this, I mean it as me, not as some official word
[...]

Yes, I found the link at the bottom to the definition of gullible. Hmm

maybe not gullible, but certainly not journalistic material. :slight_smile: At the
moment, I found a work-around, but I’d be interested into looking into
this
further down the road.