Ferret::FileNotFoundError - delete


#1

Hi,

we are using ferret and acts_as_ferret in a single server setup. We have
2 models that use acts_as_ferret.

We are running into problems where a create or update of the models
cause a ferret error

Ferret::FileNotFoundError occured at <except.c>:117 in xpop_context
Error occured in fs_store.c:329 - fs_open_input

Where the file that needs to be opened isn’t there.

The error occurs in /lib/ferret/index.rb:285:in ‘delete’

Stopping the server and restarting with an index rebuild solves the
problem - but it occurs again after a short time. And this occurs with
both models.

Ferret: 0.11.4
AAF Plugin

Any ideas? Thanks

Matthew


#2

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 11:49:54AM +0200, Matthew L.ham wrote:

Hi,

we are using ferret and acts_as_ferret in a single server setup. We have
2 models that use acts_as_ferret.

We are running into problems where a create or update of the models
cause a ferret error

Ferret::FileNotFoundError occured at <except.c>:117 in xpop_context
Error occured in fs_store.c:329 - fs_open_input

I didn’t ever have this problem myself (0.11.4 / Ruby 1.8.5 / Debian).
But afair several people have reported that going back to 0.11.3 fixed
this for them.

Cheers,
Jens


Jens Krämer
webit! Gesellschaft für neue Medien mbH
Schnorrstraße 76 | 01069 Dresden
Telefon +49 351 46766-0 | Telefax +49 351 46766-66
removed_email_address@domain.invalid | www.webit.de

Amtsgericht Dresden | HRB 15422
GF Sven Haubold, Hagen Malessa


#3

Jens K. wrote:

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 11:49:54AM +0200, Matthew L.ham wrote:

Hi,

we are using ferret and acts_as_ferret in a single server setup. We have
2 models that use acts_as_ferret.

We are running into problems where a create or update of the models
cause a ferret error

Ferret::FileNotFoundError occured at <except.c>:117 in xpop_context
Error occured in fs_store.c:329 - fs_open_input

I didn’t ever have this problem myself (0.11.4 / Ruby 1.8.5 / Debian).
But afair several people have reported that going back to 0.11.3 fixed
this for them.

Thanks Jens, we’ll try that.

Matthew

Cheers,
Jens


Jens Kr�mer
webit! Gesellschaft f�r neue Medien mbH
Schnorrstra�e 76 | 01069 Dresden
Telefon +49 351 46766-0 | Telefax +49 351 46766-66
removed_email_address@domain.invalid | www.webit.de

Amtsgericht Dresden | HRB 15422
GF Sven Haubold, Hagen Malessa


#4

Any luck with this? I am seeing this problem too with 0.11.4/Ubuntu
7.04/Ruby 1.8.5.

I downgraded to 0.11.3 … we’ll see if this helps.

Ikai


#5

Ikai L. wrote:

Any luck with this? I am seeing this problem too with 0.11.4/Ubuntu
7.04/Ruby 1.8.5.

I downgraded to 0.11.3 … we’ll see if this helps.

Ikai

I am also having this problem:

A Ferret::FileNotFoundError occurred in releases#update:

File Not Found Error occured at <except.c>:117 in xpop_context
Error occured in fs_store.c:329 - fs_open_input
tried to open “…///…/_1dx_1o.del” but it doesn’t exist:

I have remvoed the ferret gem and installed the acts_as_ferret one…
hopefully this will fix it.


#6

Adam,

I am also having this problem:
A Ferret::FileNotFoundError occurred in releases#update:
I have remvoed the ferret gem and installed the acts_as_ferret one…
hopefully this will fix it.

most probably this will not fix your problem. 1st of all acts_as_ferret
depends on the ferret gem, and secondly these FileNotFoundErrors
presumably occure, because you’re not using a drb server for indexing.

see http://projects.jkraemer.net/acts_as_ferret/wiki/DrbServer

Ben


#7

Hi

I am also getting this problem Ferret::FileNotFoundError

I am using :

ruby 1.8.6
ferret (0.11.6)
acts_as_ferret (0.4.4, 0.4.3)
rails 2.2.2


#8

ok that broke it… ive put the ferret gem back in.