Ferret 0.11.3 - File Not Found

Hi,

I noticed a 0.11.3 release and gave it a whirl. I’ve so far not been
able to reproduce any segfaults with my ferret_killer[1] script, though
I do get some errors.

when the searching process is running and I start the indexing process,
I immediately get:

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ferret-0.11.3/lib/ferret/index.rb:692:in
`latest?’: File Not Found Error occured at <except.c>:93 in xraise
(FileNotFoundError)
Error occured in index.c:825 - sis_find_segments_file
couldn’t find segments file

    from 

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ferret-0.11.3/lib/ferret/index.rb:692:in
ensure_reader_open' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ferret-0.11.3/lib/ferret/index.rb:713:inensure_searcher_open’
from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ferret-0.11.3/lib/ferret/index.rb:735:in
do_search' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ferret-0.11.3/lib/ferret/index.rb:334:insearch’
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/monitor.rb:229:in synchronize' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ferret-0.11.3/lib/ferret/index.rb:333:insearch’
from ferret_killer1.rb:39:in `ferret_search’
from ferret_killer1.rb:59

when the indexing process is running and I start the searching process,
I immediately get one of the following:

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ferret-0.11.3/lib/ferret/index.rb:285:in
<<': Interrupt from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ferret-0.11.3/lib/ferret/index.rb:8:insynchrolock’
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/monitor.rb:229:in synchronize' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ferret-0.11.3/lib/ferret/index.rb:8:insynchrolock’
from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ferret-0.11.3/lib/ferret/index.rb:267:in
`<<’
from ferret_killer1.rb:50

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ferret-0.11.3/lib/ferret/index.rb:285:in
`delete’: File Not Found Error occured at <except.c>:117 in xpop_context
(FileNotFoundError)
Error occured in fs_store.c:329 - fs_open_input
tried to open “my_ferret_index//_1og.cfs” but it doesn’t exist:

    from 

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ferret-0.11.3/lib/ferret/index.rb:285:in
<<' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ferret-0.11.3/lib/ferret/index.rb:8:insynchrolock’
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/monitor.rb:229:in synchronize' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ferret-0.11.3/lib/ferret/index.rb:8:insynchrolock’
from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ferret-0.11.3/lib/ferret/index.rb:267:in
`<<’
from ferret_killer1.rb:50

Hope this is useful,

John.

[1] http://johnleach.co.uk/downloads/ruby/ferret/ferret_killer1.rb

On 3/6/07, John L. [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

I noticed a 0.11.3 release and gave it a whirl. I’ve so far not been
able to reproduce any segfaults with my ferret_killer[1] script, though
I do get some errors.
Errors

Hi John,

I should have told you about this already. It is actually a problem in
the ferret_killer script. You have :create set to true so both
processes will delete the index and create a new one. Obviously this
is not a good thing if one processes is writing to the index and
another comes along and deletes all the files. To prevent this from
happening, remove line 31;

:create => true)

After that, everything should work as expected.

Cheers,
Dave

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 09:52 +1100, David B. wrote:

Hi John,

I should have told you about this already. It is actually a problem in
the ferret_killer script. You have :create set to true so both
processes will delete the index and create a new one.

lol, silly me. Ta Dave.

Though I’ve just discovered that the rails app that I extracted this
from is still segfaulting the searching process :confused:

/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ferret-0.11.3/lib/ferret/index.rb:738: [BUG]
Segmentation fault

I’ll try and write another test to reproduce.

Thanks,

John.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs