Hi everyone. I just released version 0.2.0 of FAM-Ruby, my Ruby
bindings for FAM (http://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/).
FAM (File Alteration Monitor) is a cross-platform API that allows
applications to monitor specific files and directories for changes in an
efficient and portable manner.
This release of FAM-Ruby includes updated documentation, several bug
fixes, and support for Gamin (http://gnome.org/~veillard/gamin/), a
Gnome library that is compatible with a subset of FAM.
- Project Page: http://pablotron.org/software/fam-ruby/
- Download: http://pablotron.org/files/fam-ruby-0.2.0.tar.gz
- Signature: http://pablotron.org/files/fam-ruby-0.2.0.tar.gz.asc
- Gem: http://pablotron.org/files/gems/fam-ruby-0.2.0.gem
- Gem Signature: http://pablotron.org/files/gems/fam-ruby-0.2.0.gem.asc
- API Reference: http://pablotron.org/software/fam-ruby/doc/
Note: The gem will be available in the main RubyForge gem repository
shortly; if you can’t wait, feel free to grab it directly from the URL
above. The FAM-Ruby 0.2.0 gem also uses RubyGems’ (relatively) new
gem signing feature. which I encourage everyone to use.
Special thanks for this release goes to David Lutterkort, who caught a
subtle memory leak, wrote the initial Gamin support, and tried in vain
to get me to rename FAM-Ruby to Gamin-Ruby :).
Questions and comments can be directed to the email address below.