F14 GR traditional usrp install (no uhd)

Hi all,

I really screwed up today when I upgraded from F13 to F14 result, no
network, access denied to every device (RAID), etc.
I was able to burn (backup) sources to disk and then formatted from
latest F14.

I run into probs when installing the traditional USRP1 without uhd.
Configure seems to expect sdcc v2 but the latest is 3.
Another observation, configure used to build both USRP1/2. Now USRP2
seems to be the only availabel by default, that is understandable.

Snips from terminal output:

./configure --enable-usrp --enable-gr-usrp

configure: Using LIBUSB version ‘libusb’
checking for sdcc… sdcc -mmcs51 --no-xinit-opt
checking for asx8051… no
USRP requires sdcc version 2. sdcc not found. See http://sdcc.sf.net
Unable to find firmware compiler SDCC.
configure: error: Component usrp has errors; stopping.

sdcc -v
SDCC : mcs51/gbz80/z80/ds390/pic16/pic14/TININative/ds400/hc08 3.0.0
#6037 (Mar 20 2011) (Linux)
I suspect this is the problem, 2 vs 3?

Another snip from terminal output:
./bootstrap
./configure

The following components were skipped either because you asked not
to build them or they didn’t pass configuration checks:

usrp2-firmware

These components will not be built.

The following GNU Radio components have been successfully configured:

config
gruel
volk
gnuradio-core
usrp2
gr-usrp2
gr-msdd6000
gr-audio
gr-atsc
gr-cvsd-vocoder
gr-gsm-fr-vocoder
gr-noaa
gr-pager
gr-radio-astronomy
gr-trellis
gr-video-sdl
gr-wxgui
gr-qtgui
gnuradio-examples
grc
docs

You my now run the make command to build these components.

The following components were skipped either because you asked not
to build them or they didn’t pass configuration checks:

gcell
usrp
gr-usrp
gr-gcell
gr-comedi
gr-gpio
gr-radar-mono
gr-sounder
gr-utils
gr-uhd

These components will not be built.

Configured GNU Radio release v3.4.0git-139-gf53fef3d for build.

Patrik

yum remove sdcc

Removing:
sdcc i686 3.0.0-0.fc14 @updates
49 M

Get SDCC 2.9.0 and follow instructions in INSTALL.txt

cd gnuradio
./bootstrap

make
make install

Patrik

#6037 (Mar 20 2011) (Linux)
[...]

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 7:01 PM, Patrik T.
[email protected]wrote:

Hi all,

I really screwed up today when I upgraded from F13 to F14 result, no
network, access denied to every device (RAID), etc.
I was able to burn (backup) sources to disk and then formatted from latest
F14.

I run into probs when installing the traditional USRP1 without uhd.
Configure seems to expect sdcc v2 but the latest is 3.

Yes, the USRP component requires SDCC version 2 (as your follow-up email
indicated). They made more than just a trivial name change in version 3
that
does not work properly with the USRP code. I have no plans to update it
compile with version 3, either. Of course, is someone else really wants
and submits a patch to us, I’d be happy to include it (we would still
require that it build with version 2 just like it is, though).

Another observation, configure used to build both USRP1/2. Now USRP2
seems

to be the only availabel by default, that is understandable.

I’m not sure what you mean by this. There hasn’t been any change the
default
for building USRP or USRP2.

Tom

Hi Tom,

By switching to v2 GR configures both USRP:s by default, no need to add
–enable-usrp in configure
My error.

wrote:

Hi all,

I really screwed up today when I upgraded from F13 to F14 result, no

network, access denied to every device (RAID), etc.
I was able to burn (backup) sources to disk and then formatted from
latest F14.

I run into probs when installing the traditional USRP1 without uhd.

Configure seems to expect sdcc v2 but the latest is 3.

Yes, the USRP component requires SDCC version 2 (as your follow-up
email indicated). They made more than just a trivial name change in
version 3 that does not work properly with the USRP code. I have no
plans to update it to compile with version 3, either. Of course, is
someone else really wants to and submits a patch to us, I’d be happy to