after installing ruby 1.8.7.p72 successfully, I tried to install
It seems to be normally installed.
but, when I execute it, the errors is generated.
#> gem update
Unknown symbol Init_zlib - /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/ia64-
actually, this is not a error log what I first met.
first error log is “no load error - zlib”.
to resolve this problem, I trace the zlib location ruby wants. the one
of them is “/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/ia64-hpux11.31” here.
I make a symbolic link by using /usr/local/lib/libz.so.1.2.3 under
wow. I am still in problems.
this time ruby cannot find “zlib.rb”. I am not sure this is main
reason gem is failed. but it could be a reason.
the procedure to execute gem binary is extremely hard. :-<