Exploring the world of GNU


#1

Hi
I have just started work on gnu project.
Initially i got basic concept of Python and now studying gnuradio
through
its website.can any body help me to give guidance about getting basic
knowledge so that I will be able to do some projects in this field. or
any
body have some basic programs with description to understand.

Take care.


#2

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 03:18:48PM +1300, Bari B. wrote:

Hi
I have just started work on gnu project.
Initially i got basic concept of Python and now studying gnuradio through
its website.can any body help me to give guidance about getting basic
knowledge so that I will be able to do some projects in this field. or any
body have some basic programs with description to understand.

Take care.

Start here:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki

Note especially the GNU Radio FAQ and the USRP FAQ:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/FAQ
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UsrpFAQ

Download the code and build it:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/Download
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/BuildGuide

Look at the examples in:

gnuradio-examples

and some of standard utilities in:

gr-utils

Assuming you’ve got a USRP, look at usrp_fft.py, usrp_oscope.py and
usrp_siggen.py

Most commands support a --help option. Try using it.

Also read the README files contained in the source code.

We’ve got a list of suggested reading:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/SuggestedReading

If you come up with questions, try to answer them with a web search
before posting your questions here. We’ve answered a lot of questions
on this mailing list over the years… The archives are well indexed by
google and friends.

Welcome!
Eric


#3

Thanks for ur guadiance I ahave already installed GNUradio on ubuntu 8.1
from Synaptic packages manager but I am not sure either any module or
library is missing.
The gnuradio version is 3.0.4 2ubuntu2.
I have checked many examples , these are working but when i run fm
example
like $python usrp_wfm_rcv.py -f 104.5
I received folowing messages:

1- audio_alsa_sink[hw:0,0]: unable to support sampling rate 32000
card requested 44100 instead.(I a using my Laptop Acer 5570Z series
may be
sound card not supported.)

2- FYI: No Powermate or Contour Knob found ( For this I read that there
is
no Problem,just for information)

3- “aUaUaU” is running from FAQ I read that not enough samples to
delivered
to sound card. Its mean signals are not strong to listen FM here in my
Lab.

Is there any guidance to solve these problems.

2009/1/28 Eric B. removed_email_address@domain.invalid


#4

Try the following:

usrp_wfm_rcv.py -f 104.5 -O plughw:0,0

Karthik


#5

These problems have already been dealt with before. Look in the mail
archives and you will surely find the answers.


#6

add the -O option when you run the example as follows:

usrp_wfm_rcv.py -f104.5 -O plughw; 0,0

you can read more about plughw at http://alsa.opensrc.org/DigitalOut -
and other sites

Russell


From: discuss-gnuradio-bounces+rsher=removed_email_address@domain.invalid
[mailto:discuss-gnuradio-bounces+rsher=removed_email_address@domain.invalid] On Behalf
Of Mir A.
Sent: 29 January 2009 08:30 AM
To: Bari B.
Cc: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Exploring the world of GNU

These problems have already been dealt with before. Look in the mail
archives and you will surely find the answers.

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Bari B. removed_email_address@domain.invalid
wrote:

Thanks for ur guadiance I ahave already installed GNUradio on
ubuntu 8.1 from Synaptic packages manager but I am not sure either any
module or library is missing.
The gnuradio version is 3.0.4 2ubuntu2.
I have checked many examples , these are working but when i run
fm example like $python usrp_wfm_rcv.py -f 104.5
I received folowing messages:

1- audio_alsa_sink[hw:0,0]: unable to support sampling rate
32000
card requested 44100 instead.(I a using my Laptop Acer 5570Z
series may be sound card not supported.)

2- FYI: No Powermate or Contour Knob found ( For this I read
that there is no Problem,just for information)

3- “aUaUaU” is running from FAQ I read that not enough samples
to delivered to sound card. Its mean signals are not strong to listen FM
here in my Lab.

Is there any guidance to solve these problems.


Relevant company disclaimers are available at the following addresses:
Tellumat (Pty) Ltd e-mail:
mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid?Subject=Tellumat_Disclaimer
Web: http://www.tellumat.com/email.aspx



#7

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:28:36PM -0800, Karthik wrote:

Try the following:

usrp_wfm_rcv.py -f 104.5 -O plughw:0,0

Be sure to provide the SI suffix on the freq otherwise it’s going to
try to tune to 104.5 Hz

usrp_wfm_rcv.py -f 104.5M -O plughw:0,0

Eric


#8

ya I am using SI suffix for Mega Hz.
But still not listening FM. no error appear except failed to set initial
frequency.
I have USRP with DBSRX daughter, and I have two SMA connector RF1 and
RF2,
actually this is already installed here and it has no LED on it.as these
board supports 800MHz to 2.4 GHz.
So is it possible to operate it on below 800 MHz like FM.
Second I run usrp_oscope.py and usrp_siggen.py but it works only in the
range 1.5GHz to 2.0 GHz.
Can u explain the reasons.
Thanks.

2009/1/30 Eric B. removed_email_address@domain.invalid