Example of DMR receiver

Hello,

My first touch to the Gnu Radio happened this weekend. I managed to
listen
a local FM repeater but building a DMR receiver was too tough.

Please, could someone send me a simple working DMR receiver file (*.grc)
which has a DSD block.

Thanks advanced

73 de Veijo OH3NFC

Veijo,

Be advised that mbelib may not be legal to use, hence the anonymity of
the
authors.

This ambiguity could be eliminated if someone created a block to use an
AMBE-3000 device.

One source of AMBE devices is
http://nwdigitalradio.com/thumbdv-and-dv3000-resource-page (I am
affiliated
with this company).

Talking to the AMBE-3000 devices listed is pretty straightforward,
should
someone be inclined.

Open the device as a serial port at 230.4 kbps.

It’s a simple packet interface and every packet has a reply.

Send a reset packet hex 61 00 01 00 33 at program startup

Then query for model number packet with hex 61 00 01 00 30 and look
for
AMBE3000 in reply

Set D-STAR mode with 61 00 0c 00 0a 01 30 07 63 40 00 00 00 00 00 00
48

Set Yaesu, P25 , DMR, etc. HR mode with *61 00 0c 00 0a 04 31 07 54 24
00
00 00 00 00 6F 48 *
(See page 83 of AMBE-3000 manual – link below)

From there, you send in audio 16-bit linear PCM data sampled at 8 kHz
in
packets and it sends out AMBE in packets. (You can also use 8-bit
ulaw/alaw
but the PCM is better quality)

Audio header is 61 01 42 02 00 A0

Or send in AMBE packets and receive audio packets.

AMBE header is 61 00 0B 01 01 48

Pretty much it, just need to frame packet data based on the packet
protocol.

The manual is at http://www.dvsinc.com/manuals/AMBE-3000_manual.pdf
see
Chapter 6. Current software uses the non-parity field version, but you
are
free to use either.

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 7:37 AM, Veijo A. [email protected] wrote:

73 de Veijo OH3NFC

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
Discuss-gnuradio Info Page

Yep, gr-dsd works great, I can monitor my DMR repeater with it just
fine. I just wonder why they left out TETRA, the infrastructure (by
means of SW) should be already there…

Ralph.

[...]

From there, you send in audio 16-bit linear PCM data sampled at 8 kHz

mailto:[email protected] > wrote:

Hello,

My first touch to the Gnu Radio happened this weekend. I managed to
listen a local FM repeater but building a DMR receiver was too tough.

Please, could someone send me a simple working DMR receiver file (*.grc)
which has a DSD block.

Thanks advanced

73 de Veijo OH3NFC

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected] mailto:[email protected]

John D. Hays
K7VE

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223

http://k7ve.org/blog http://twitter.com/#!/john_hays