ETIMEDOUT error code

I have been attempting to get an existing Ruby lib running under
IronRuby. The first problem I hit was that there was no definition for
the ETIMEDOUT error code in IR, so I added it and humbly submit my
changes as a patch for your consideration.

I’m currently running into problems because the library I’m using makes
HTTPS calls and from my point of view as a raw noob to both IR and Ruby
itself it appears that HTTPS support (via OpenSSL?) is missing from
IronRuby. Is this the case? (I’m sure there’s a better than zero chance
that I’m just missing a dependency of some sort as well).

Jason

Further to my previous question about SSL. here are the details of what
is failing:

http.verify_mode = OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_PEER
#the following line causes a ‘nomethoderror’ because ca_file is
undefined
http.ca_file = File.dirname(FILE) + ‘somecert.pem’

If I attempt to work around that error by omitting setting the ca_file
and setting the verify_mode to VERIFY_NONE I later (from the ‘connect’
method in http.rb) get a NameError because OpenSSL::SSL::SSLSocket is
also undefined.

I’m wondering if I’m missing an OpenSSL library/gem or if the SSL
support is still to come in IronRuby. Could someone poke me in the
right direction?

OpenSSL is not complete yet

Ivan Porto C.
Web: http://whiterabbitconsulting.eu - http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim
Microsoft IronRuby/C# MVP

IronRuby doesn’t fully implement OpenSLL class yet. Contributions would
be appreciated :).

Tomas

On 20/03/2010 5:56 PM, Jason Diller wrote:

I have been attempting to get an existing Ruby lib running under
IronRuby. The first problem I hit was that there was no definition for
the ETIMEDOUT error code in IR, so I added it and humbly submit my
changes as a patch for your consideration.

I’m currently running into problems because the library I’m using makes
HTTPS calls and from my point of view as a raw noob to both IR and Ruby
itself it appears that HTTPS support (via OpenSSL?) is missing from
IronRuby. Is this the case? (I’m sure there’s a better than zero chance
that I’m just missing a dependency of some sort as well).

Jason

Ironruby-core mailing list

[email protected]mailto:[email protected]