We have a Sr. Web D. position in our Burbank, CA office. We
are looking for someone that has Ruby on Rails experience. I have
included a job description for your review. If you are interested in
the position please apply online at www.espn.com req # 136107 as well
as email me a date and time that you would be available for a phone
interview with me.
I look forward to speaking with you.
Marisa Caccamo | Human Resources |ESPN
ESPN Plaza | Bristol, CT 06010
Phone: 860-766-4033 | Fax: 860-766-2425
A career at ESPN… Yes, people get paid to work here
Dept - ESPN Digital Media
Title - Sr Web D.
JOB ID: 136107
The ESPN Digital Media Community Product Development team is
responsible for developing the digital products that support ESPN’s
Community Strategy. The Sr Web D. is responsible for the
design, development, testing, implementation, scalability and
deployment of Ruby on Rails-based applications to support the
Community Product Development initiatives.
These applications provide functionality for many of the most
successful and highest profile sports-related features on the web.
- Design, develop, test, implement, scale and
deploy new Ruby on Rails based applications.
- Develop new features and functionality for
- Support the existing Community
infrastructure and applications.
- Provide support to entire team by
developing functionality needed to create new web applications and
- Identify areas that require improvement and
- Degree in Computer Science or related
field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of related experience with
2+ years experience with Ruby on Rails and web
- Demonstrated experience developing in a RoR
- Proficiency in a MySQL, SQL Server or
Oracle database technology
- Understanding of multi-tier web
architectures, and OO design patterns and concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse
scope of software and database projects requiring detailed analysis,
creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment.
- Ability to operate effectively in a
team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Must demonstrate solid
- Manage multiple projects within a short
development cycle with routine supervision
and Web Services required.
- Knowledge of TDD, BDD and Agile development
practices a plus
- A passion for sports and the social aspects