Errors of missing modulators in gnuradio-companion

Did a little more digging
cd [gitdir]/grc/
find . -name “*” | xargs grep digital

Returns nothing, on the other hand grepping blks2.gmsk_mod returns:
./Makefile.am: blks2_gmsk_mod.xml
./block_tree.xml: blks2_gmsk_mod
./blks2_gmsk_mod.xml: blks2_gmsk_mod
./blks2_gmsk_mod.xml: blks2.gmsk_mod(

In other words: the XML structure of the grc that has to do with
anything
moved to digital must be updated, before 3.5 can be compared to a stable
environment.

XML has never been my strong suit, so I won’t start looking into it.
Furthermore some of the blocks have changed input parameters (e.g.
gmsk_demod).

Perhaps merging next into master was a little premature?

Best regards
Paul

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 7:49 AM, Paul M. Bendixen
[email protected]wrote:

Did a little more digging
cd [gitdir]/grc/
find . -name “*” | xargs grep digital

Returns nothing, on the other hand grepping blks2.gmsk_mod returns:
./Makefile.am: blks2_gmsk_mod.xml
./block_tree.xml: blks2_gmsk_mod
./blks2_gmsk_mod.xml: blks2_gmsk_mod
./blks2_gmsk_mod.xml: blks2.gmsk_mod(

Fixing these now. About to push the patch.

Best regards
Paul

I don’t think so at all. The problem is there are no automated test for
this
kind of stuff, and there’s a lot of code that’s of concern here. The
only
way we could get these kinds of error reports was to get the real users
of
GNU Radio to test them. These problems have been around in the old
‘next’
branch for a while, but without being used, there was no way for us to
get
these kinds of bug reports that is allowing us to fix them.

In other words, I really appreciate you checking these things out and
reporting the errors. This is also why we have stable releases. For
people
who have environments where stability is a concern, they should stick
with
the releases.

I went through and checked the GRC blocks against everything I moved
into
gr-digital, so hopefully there is nothing left that I missed. I wonder
if we
can make a piece of automatic test code that would try to load each of
the
GRC XML blocks and report an error if it can’t be loaded properly?

Thanks! Let me know if you find anything else.

Tom

The master branch has been updated with the fixes to the GRC blocks.

Thanks again for the reports!

Tom

Thanks, building now

Just one thing, shouldn’t the xml files go into /gr-digital/grc/ like
the
other blocks instead of /gr-digital all by them selves?

Will get back to you on how it went.

Best
Paul

2011/10/26 Tom R. [email protected]

Compiling done.

So a grep for blocks that are only in digital in the grc files showed
that
mpsk_sync_cc and cvsd_decode and encode are still missing.

Oh, and a minor glitch: it seems that putting the blocks in gr-digital
instead of gr-digital/grc made it disappear from grc’s view (at least
with
the new build it’s nowhere to be found).
During startup, the following warnings pop up:
Warning: Block key “digital_gmskmod_bc” not found when loading category
tree.
Warning: Block key “digital_cpmmod_bc” not found when loading category
tree.
Warning: Block key “digital_gmsk_mod” not found when loading category
tree.
Warning: Block key “digital_gmsk_demod” not found when loading category
tree.

cpmmod_bc however is in the right place, so I can’t comment on that.

Best
Paul

2011/10/26 Paul M. Bendixen [email protected]

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Paul M. Bendixen
[email protected]wrote:

tree.

Yes, they are supposed to be in gr-digital/grc. That was just
unbelievably
stupid of me. This is why you should never commit before breakfast! I
also
didn’t properly put these new ones into the Makefiles.

This has been fixed. I was in a rush to get out the door this morning
and
wasn’t thinking clearly. Was such a simple thing to do, too…

Tom

On 26/10/2011 1:45 PM, Tom R. wrote:

Yes, they are supposed to be in gr-digital/grc. That was just
unbelievably stupid of me. This is why you should never commit before
breakfast! I also didn’t properly put these new ones into the Makefiles.

Never commit before breakfast? That sounds like one of those “advice
to bachelors” type of things :slight_smile:

2011/10/26 Tom R. [email protected]

Yes, it looks fine now, it even runs :slight_smile:
Only one little hitch left:
During startup of gnuradio-companion it declares:
Warning: Block key “digital_gmsk_demod” not found when loading category
tree.
The other warnings have disappeared, but this one remains. Worst part is
that the file is there and is in the CMakeList.txt as well.

I’m really stumped here. I made uninstall and deleted the appropriate
folders, but to no avail.
I really can’t see why it is doing this to me.

Oh well, off to bed, maybe the answer will be clear tomorrow.

Best
Paul

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Paul M. Bendixen
[email protected]wrote:

wasn’t thinking clearly. Was such a simple thing to do, too…
that the file is there and is in the CMakeList.txt as well.

I’m really stumped here. I made uninstall and deleted the appropriate
folders, but to no avail.
I really can’t see why it is doing this to me.

Oh well, off to bed, maybe the answer will be clear tomorrow.

Best
Paul

Try once more. You must have pulled during the 20 minutes that that bug
was
there. It was the difference in the xml between digital and digtial (I
crossed my t’s and dotted my i’s, but in the wrong order). I noticed
this
myself when trying to run gnuradio-companion. I was trying to do way too
many things today and got sloppy. I think everything is fixed now,
though.

Thanks for all of the reports (and your patience today).

Tom

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs