Error with USRP on make check (Mac OSX)

Hello! I got GNU Radio functioning without the USRP. I am on Mac OSX,
and I
got this error on make check with the USRP (and only a Basic RX
daughterboard in the RXA slot)

I would apprciate any help you can give on how to get the USRP up and
running on osx

Making check in gr-usrp
Making check in src
make check-am
make check-TESTS
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./qa_usrp.py”, line 24, in
import usrp_swig
File “/Users/jco/Downloads/gnuradio/trunk/gr-usrp/src/usrp_swig.py”,
line
27,
in
import _usrp_swig
ImportError:
dlopen(/Users/jco/Downloads/gnuradio/trunk/gr-usrp/src/.libs/usrp
swig.so, 2): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libusrp.0.dylib
Referenced from:
/Users/jco/Downloads/gnuradio/trunk/gr-usrp/src/.libs/_usrp_s
wig.so
Reason: image not found
FAIL: run_tests

This looks similar to this
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg10354.html
From 2007…nothing seemed to come of it.
Is this a case where make check fails, but the install can still work?
Please look at what I was doing (below)

Here is how I got to this: unsure what to do with the USRP (I searched
but
no one seems to tell you what to do with a new USRP… unless I’m
missing a
very obvious page), here is what I did

-Removed the install of gnu radio, plugged in and powered the USRP
(which
HAS been used before, I gander, but I really had no idea what to do)
-Re-svn’ed everything
-With the USRP powered and plugged in via USB, I bootstrapped,
./configure,
make, then make check threw the error.

I kept the USRP plugged in because I’m not sure how/when the USRP is
supposed to be configured. In my old non-USRP install, I got some errors
when using the USRP (it detected and whatnot), that I thought might be
due
to improper configuration. NOt sure now. I could try to replicate them
if
need be…

For reference, I reinstalled from scratch, without the USRP in, and got
the
same error (so obviously the USRP had no bearing).

This makes me think that this has to be an error with a newer build,
because
I didn’t have any problems make check’ing previously.

Secondarily: how does one properly use the USRP, then? Do I just run
programs, and they should work? Is there anything I need to do to make
sure
everything is configured properly? Once again: USRP, one basic rx
daughterbord in the RXA slot with an antenna plugged via a cord to the
RX-A
slot on the basic RX board

2009/7/20 Jonathan C. [email protected]

On Jul 20, 2009, at 1:02 PM, Jonathan C. wrote:

For reference, I reinstalled from scratch, without the USRP in, and
got the same error (so obviously the USRP had no bearing). This
makes me think that this has to be an error with a newer build,
because I didn’t have any problems make check’ing previously.

I get the same error during “make check” on the latest trunk (11460)
using OSX 10.5, so it’s probably a result of some change in the trunk
made recently. Someone will fix it sooner rather than later (but not
me; no time this week even for simple matters). I don’t think it’s an
OSX-specific problem, but might be wrong.

Secondarily: how does one properly use the USRP, then? Do I just run
programs, and they should work? Is there anything I need to do to
make sure everything is configured properly? Once again: USRP, one
basic rx daughterbord in the RXA slot with an antenna plugged via a
cord to the RX-A slot on the basic RX board

Look at some of the GNU radio demos for examples of how to access a
USRP from a program. - MLD

I found the error; simple fix, and I’ve checked in the changes — for
OSX and Windows only (darn required library load paths).

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 03:08:26PM -0400, Michael D. wrote:

I found the error; simple fix, and I’ve checked in the changes — for
OSX and Windows only (darn required library load paths).

Thanks Michael!

Eric

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 10:21, Michael D.[email protected] wrote:

I get the same error during “make check” on the latest trunk (11460) using
OSX 10.5, so it’s probably a result of some change in the trunk made
recently. Someone will fix it sooner rather than later (but not me; no time
this week even for simple matters). I don’t think it’s an OSX-specific
problem, but might be wrong.

I recently reorganized the USRP code to remove the (unmaintained)
in-band code and move the header files into $(include)/usrp. Chances
are the above problem stems from this, but I can’t see how just yet.

Johnathan

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs