Error when using generator

I’m not sure what I’ve done - may have tried to roll my own on some
things
and missed some dependencies? Not sure. I thought it might have been
something with my ubuntu install but I finally talked the boss into a
macbook the other day and the results are the same on the mac so that
wasn’t
it. I plan on rolling it back incrementally in git and see when it went
sideways as a first step to tracking it down (in a clone repo of course

  • I
    love git)

If you have any advice on this I’m all “ears”.

Thanks.

Max

-------------- start of error paste

Allens-MacBook-Pro:test allenmaxwell$ rails g controller testcontroller
/Users/allenmaxwell/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/railties-3.1.1/lib/rails/
generators/named_base.rb:158:in parse_attributes!': undefined methodattributes=’ for
#Rails::Generators::ControllerGenerator:0x007fc386db2490

(NoMethodError)

  from

/Users/allenmaxwell/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/railties-3.1.1/lib/rails/
generators/named_base.rb:21:in

`initialize’

  from

/Users/allenmaxwell/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/thor-0.14.6/lib/thor/grou
p.rb:226:in

`new’

  from

/Users/allenmaxwell/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/thor-0.14.6/lib/thor/grou
p.rb:226:in

`dispatch’

  from

/Users/allenmaxwell/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/thor-0.14.6/lib/thor/base
.rb:389:in

`start’

  from

/Users/allenmaxwell/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/railties-3.1.1/lib/rails/
generators.rb:168:in

`invoke’

  from

/Users/allenmaxwell/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/railties-3.1.1/lib/rails/
commands/generate.rb:12:in `<top (required)>’

  from

/Users/allenmaxwell/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/activesupport-3.1.1/lib/a
ctive_support/dependencies.rb:240:in

`require’

  from

/Users/allenmaxwell/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/activesupport-3.1.1/lib/a
ctive_support/dependencies.rb:240:in `block in require’

  from

/Users/allenmaxwell/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/activesupport-3.1.1/lib/a
ctive_support/dependencies.rb:223:in `block in load_dependency’

  from

/Users/allenmaxwell/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/activesupport-3.1.1/lib/a
ctive_support/dependencies.rb:640:in

`new_constants_in’

  from

/Users/allenmaxwell/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/activesupport-3.1.1/lib/a
ctive_support/dependencies.rb:223:in

`load_dependency’

  from

/Users/allenmaxwell/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/activesupport-3.1.1/lib/a
ctive_support/dependencies.rb:240:in

`require’

  from

/Users/allenmaxwell/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/railties-3.1.1/lib/rails/
commands.rb:28:in `<top (required)>’

  from script/rails:6:in `require'

  from script/rails:6:in `<main>'

--------------- end of paste

it looks like i got this fixed. I walked back into my git repo until
i found a commit that didn’t have
the error. as it turned out the problem was with the prototype gem.
i had it in the Gemfile as gem ‘prototype’
after googling etc I found that changing it to gem ‘prototype-rails’
did the trick. seems to be working now!
thanks again…

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs