Tomas

From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Thibaut Barrre
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 11:00 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Ironruby-core] Error Using Bewildr Gem in V1.1.2

Hi Larry,
undefined method `flatten’ for {:name=>“Modeling”}:Hash (NoMethodError)

I can reproduce this here as well: flatten.txt · GitHub

My understanding is that Hash#flatten only exist on 1.9 and not on 1.8.

Is there a regression here maybe ?

– Thibaut

Hi Thomas,

One possible explanation is following: If you run the gem with IronRuby 1.0
it runs in 1.8.6 compat mode. There may be a condition that checks for the
RUBY_VERSION in the gem. On Ruby 1.1.2 the RUBY_VERSION is 1.9.2 and thus
some other code path might be executed that depends on Hash#flatten. I dont
think we regressed, its just a missing feature. Feel free to implement it
and send a pull request.

I’ll take this one, now that I’ve got the build working on Mac OS X.

I will ask you tips if I meet issues while running the test suite there.

– Thibaut

Fixed! I’ve just pushed a new version of bewildr (0.1.11) to allow
running under ironruby 1.1.1 and 1.1.2. You can read about the fix here:
http://www.natontesting.com/2011/02/10/bewildr-and-ironruby-1-1-2/

Thanks for the quick fix!

Larry J.
||| Senior Level Development Engineer
Aspen Technology, Inc. ||| +1 281-504-3324 ||| fax: 281-584-1062 |||