Error: procedure entry point not found


#1

Running Instant Rails - latest version.

When I run rake db:migrate, I get the error (in a pop up window):

The procedure entry point mysql_stmt_row_tell could not be located in
the dynamic link library LIBMYSQL.dll.

After clicking ok several times the migration runs. My site also runs
locally.

What’s this error all about?

Thanks.


#2

I realized the problem started happening after I install the mysql gem,
based on advice from ‘Agile Web D. With Rails’ page 292. So I
uninstalled that gem and the error went away.

The reason I installed it is because DHH recommended it to increase
performance.


#3

On 3/27/07, Will M. removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

I realized the problem started happening after I install the mysql gem,
based on advice from ‘Agile Web D. With Rails’ page 292. So I
uninstalled that gem and the error went away.

The reason I installed it is because DHH recommended it to increase
performance.

Actually, you don’t need to install it as it is already included in
Instant Rails.

Curt


#4

I received the same error message. After copying libmysql.dll (from my
MySQL installation) to my ruby/bin folder, the error went away. I’m not
sure if there are any potentially negative consequences of copying the
file, but everything seems to be working for now.

Will M. wrote:

Running Instant Rails - latest version.

When I run rake db:migrate, I get the error (in a pop up window):

The procedure entry point mysql_stmt_row_tell could not be located in
the dynamic link library LIBMYSQL.dll.

After clicking ok several times the migration runs. My site also runs
locally.

What’s this error all about?

Thanks.


#5

this works as mentioned above:

copy libmysql.dll (from my MySQL installation) to my ruby/bin folder


#6

Samuel Johnson wrote:

I received the same error message. After copying libmysql.dll (from my
MySQL installation) to my ruby/bin folder, the error went away. I’m not
sure if there are any potentially negative consequences of copying the
file, but everything seems to be working for now.

It really does resolve the problem. Thanks.