Error installing sqlite gems

I’ve tried from NetBeans to install sqlite gems, but I always got the
same error message:

JRuby limited openssl loaded. gem install jruby-openssl for full
support.
http://wiki.jruby.org/wiki/JRuby_Builtin_OpenSSL
Building native extensions. This could take a while…
ERROR: Error installing sqlite3-ruby:
ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

C:/Programmi/NetBeans 6.1/ruby2/jruby-1.1/bin/jruby.bat.exe extconf.rb
install sqlite3-ruby --no-rdoc --no-ri --version > 0

Gem files will remain installed in C:/Programmi/NetBeans
6.1/ruby2/jruby-1.1/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.2 for
inspection.
Results logged to C:/Programmi/NetBeans
6.1/ruby2/jruby-1.1/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.2/ext/sqlite3_api/gem_make.out

What do I have to do to use sqlite gems? I’m new with ruby so maybe it’s
a stupid problem.

Thanks to everyone

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 12:11:28AM +0900, Andrea A. wrote:

C:/Programmi/NetBeans 6.1/ruby2/jruby-1.1/bin/jruby.bat.exe extconf.rb
What do I have to do to use sqlite gems? I’m new with ruby so maybe it’s
a stupid problem.

You can’t use native extensions under JRuby yet. You will either need to
install and use a native Ruby environment (how you do this depends on
your OS), or select a different database backend - postgresql has a pure
Ruby driver available, off the top of my head…

Dan

Daniel B. wrote:

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 12:11:28AM +0900, Andrea A. wrote:

C:/Programmi/NetBeans 6.1/ruby2/jruby-1.1/bin/jruby.bat.exe extconf.rb
What do I have to do to use sqlite gems? I’m new with ruby so maybe it’s
a stupid problem.

You can’t use native extensions under JRuby yet. You will either need to
install and use a native Ruby environment (how you do this depends on
your OS), or select a different database backend - postgresql has a pure
Ruby driver available, off the top of my head…

Dan

Ok so what should I do with windows XP to run application with NetBeans
using those gems?

Thanks

Andrea

Why i can’t use sqlite3-ruby gems? it gives me this error:

c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`gem_original_require’: no such file to load – sqlite3-ruby (LoadError)

but i installed it! by the way, when it asks me wich version of gem I
want to install:

  1. sqlite3-ruby 1.2.2 (mswin32)
  2. sqlite3-ruby 1.2.2 (ruby)
  3. sqlite3-ruby 1.2.1 (mswin32)
  4. sqlite3-ruby 1.2.1 (ruby)

if I choose 1 or 3, it works but when I try to use them i get the error
above, while if i choose 2 or 4, it gives me this error:

Building native extensions. This could take a while…
ERROR: While executing gem … (Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError)
ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

ruby extconf.rb install sqlite3-ruby --no-rdoc --no-ri
–include-dependencies --version > 0

Gem files will remain installed in
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.2 for inspection.
Results logged to
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.2/ext/sqlite3_api/gem_make.out

I really don’t know what to do, also becaus I’m new with ruby…

Thanks for help

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 01:04:55AM +0900, Andrea A. wrote:

Dan

Ok so what should I do with windows XP to run application with NetBeans
using those gems?

Install a native Ruby environment. I don’t use Windows, so can’t offer
more specific help. Take a trip over to ruby-lang.org and look for a
Win32
Ruby there, then configure NetBeans to use it rather than the builtin
JRuby.
(Tools -> Ruby Platforms, then set appropriate values in the dialog.
Autodetect Platforms might work)

Dan

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 3:24 AM, Andrea A. [email protected]
wrote:

  1. sqlite3-ruby 1.2.1 (mswin32)
    –include-dependencies --version > 0

    Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

From that first error message I would guess your require line is wrong.
You
will need require ‘sqlite3’ not require ‘sqlite3-ruby’

Hope that helps.


“Hey brother Christian with your high and mighty errand, Your actions
speak
so loud, I can’t hear a word you’re saying.”

-Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)

On Jul 10, 3:23 pm, Glen H. [email protected] wrote:

but i installed it! by the way, when it asks me wich version of gem I

Building native extensions. This could take a while…
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.2/ext/sqlite3_api/gem_make.out

I really don’t know what to do, also becaus I’m new with ruby…

Thanks for help

Posted viahttp://www.ruby-forum.com/.

From that first error message I would guess your require line is wrong. You
will need require ‘sqlite3’ not require ‘sqlite3-ruby’

It also requires you load rubygems:

require ‘rubygems’
require ‘sqlite3’

your code.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs