Error in IE, works in FireFox?


#1

Hi,

I have an rjs that works just fine in firefox (no errors in FireBug). In
IE however it doesn’t.

When I tried to debug it, I arrived to the following:

  1. page.replace of some element - fails in IE with “Object Error”, even
    if I’m replacing the element with a simple “”
  2. page.hide of that same element - works
  3. page.remove of that same element - works as well.

What could the cause be?

Thanks,


#2

Is it a div that you are are replacing content for? It seems to me that
there are some tags that aren’t recognized as block level elements like
tr,
so if you are using one of those tags that would explain the error. I
could
be way off though…

Rob


#3

Hi Ronen,

Ronen Levi wrote:

I have an rjs that works just fine in firefox (no
errors in FireBug). In IE however it doesn’t.

When I tried to debug it, I arrived to the following:

  1. page.replace of some element - fails in IE with
    “Object Error”, even if I’m replacing the element
    with a simple “”

Tables, in particular, are an area where MS treats the DOM very
differently
than the W3C recommendations / standards. You might find this link
helpful.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/tables/buildtables.asp

Best regards,
Bill