Error importing GNU Radio's wxgui using gnuradio v3.7.7

Hi all,
I’m new to GNU Radio and relatively new to Linux. I’m using UHD v3.8.4
for a USRP N210 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and wanted to begin using GNU Radio
with UHD. I followed the install guide for installing UHD and GNU Radio
from source (I installed GNU v3.7.7 from github). I did have to export
PYTHONPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variables and added those
export statements to bashrc so that I could run grc. I verified that grc
opens with gnuradio-companion. When trying to run uhd_fft, I get the
error “Error importing GNU Radio’s wxgui. Please make sure gr-wxgui is
installed.” I investigated this further and discovered that this was a
known bug for GNU Radio v3.7.2, but was fixed in 3.7.3. I looked through
several threads, including the following:
https://nuand.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3502
They suggested looking to ensure wxgui was actually installed, and if
so, then I may have misconfigured some library path or python path. I
looked for wxgui on my computer and found the source/python files in the
git repo on my computer, but nowhere in any install directory. I reran
sudo make install from the build directory of my gnuradio repo and sent
the output to a log file, which I have attached. Looking through the log
file, I see plenty of wxgui xml and html files in the install
directories, but no record of adding any python files to the install
directories.

I’m honestly not sure what I’m doing wrong, but I’m sure it is a
beginner mistake. I suspect it may have a something to do with a problem
I encountered during installation and was unable to fix: although when
running make all the source files built successfully, when running
make-test I encountered one error:

194 - qa_zeromq_pub (Failed)

I reran make test and printed the log to a file I called ctest_log_file.
Here is part of the output:

194/197 Test #194: qa_zeromq_pub …***Failed
0.19 sec

ERROR: test_001 (main.qa_zeromq_pub)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File
“/home/prometheus/gnuradio_workspace/gnuradio/gr-zeromq/python/zeromq/qa_zeromq_pub.py”,
line 47, in test_001
self.assertFloatTuplesAlmostEqual(self.rx_data, src_data)
File
“/home/prometheus/gnuradio_workspace/gnuradio/gnuradio-runtime/python/gnuradio/gr_unittest.py”,
line 88, in assertFloatTuplesAlmostEqual
self.assertEqual (len(a), len(b))
TypeError: object of type ‘NoneType’ has no len()

Ran 1 test in 0.003s

FAILED (errors=1)

Do any of you have ideas of what I did wrong? What more can I do to find
the problem? I appreciate your help very much.
Regards,
Marshall

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 5:10 PM, Garey, Marshall O. [email protected]
wrote:

Radio v3.7.2, but was fixed in 3.7.3. I looked through several threads,

self.assertFloatTuplesAlmostEqual(self.rx_data, src_data)

Do any of you have ideas of what I did wrong? What more can I do to find
the problem? I appreciate your help very much.
Regards,
Marshall

Marshall,

The ZMQ QA tests have been a bit flaky since they were introduced, and
seem
to particularly hit Ubuntu 14.04. I recommend ignoring them and moving
on
– this will have nothing to do with WXGUI.

Tom

Thanks for the reply, Tom. I won’t worry about that error, then.