Encoding in spreadsheet-excel (0.3.5.1) gem

Hi,

  I am using the ruby version 1.8.while i export the excel sheet i

found different symbol (company’s) instead of company’s,i am using the
gem spreadsheet-excel (0.3.5.1).I tried and found one solution

format4 =
workbook.add_format(:color=>“black”,:bold=>1,:underline=>0,:align=>‘left’,:size=>10,:border=>5,:font_charset=>0x01),
but these :font_charset is not removing the symbol(’)
FONT_ENCODINGS =
{
0x00 => :iso_latin1,
0x01 => :default,
0x02 => :symbol,
0x4d => :apple_roman,
0x80 => :shift_jis,
0x81 => :korean_hangul,
0x82 => :korean_johab,
0x86 => :chinese_simplified,
0x88 => :chinese_traditional,
0xa1 => :greek,
0xa2 => :turkish,
0xa3 => :vietnamese,
0xb1 => :hebrew,
0xb2 => :arabic,
0xba => :baltic,
0xcc => :cyrillic,
0xde => :thai,
0xee => :iso_latin2,
0xff => :oem_latin1,
}
i tried all these but not working ,please reply me

Thanks
selvaraj

If you are authoring excel files, I’d like to shamelessly recommend a
different gem that does a much better job.

https://github.com/randym/axlsx

Randy Morgan wrote in post #1046584:

If you are authoring excel files, I’d like to shamelessly recommend a
different gem that does a much better job.

https://github.com/randym/axlsx

Thanks for ur reply

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs