version 0.4.1 of dokkit has been released!
1 Changes from version 0.4.0
- added support for postfiltering (now erb processing is done in the
- added experimental support for tidy postfilter
Postfiltering is accessible through postfilter configuration key.
--- format: - text - latex - html: postfilter: - erb - tidy --- Content of the document.
The example above will render the document producing plain text, latex
and html output. In particular, the html output will be postprocessed by
erb and tidy filters.
2 What’s dokkit?
dokkit is a document generator written in ruby that is suitable for
static websites generation too.
dokkit uses formatters like deplate and maruku to generate
documents in a large variety of output formats.
dokkit’s features are:
- a smart building system based on rake
- a templating system based on ERB
- a flexible configuration system based on YAML that supports
shared configuration files and ‘in header’ configuration
- an extensible formatting system that uses deplate and maruku as
- convention over configuration: for example, you don’t need to give
the layout name to use if a layout with the same name of the
processed document is found in doc/layouts folder
- support for nested layouts
- support for partials
- support for caching
With dokkit you can:
- generate static websites
- generate many types of documents in many formats (html, tex, plain
- write your documents using a simple wiki syntax and get high
quality latex output
- generate different output formats from the same source document
- use models to quickly generate the documents you want (static
websites, reports, howtos, guides, presentations, etc.)
- simply derive new documentation models from the existing ones
- simply modify existing models to fit your needs
dokkit aims to be modular and extensible: you can add new formatters and
helpers and easily extend document functionalities.
See dokkit website and visit the google group for further
informations and tutorials.
sudo gem install dokkit
From subversion repository:
svn co http://dokkit.rubyforge.org/svn/dokkit-core/trunk/
dokkit simple cd simple/ rake
This announce has been generated with dokkit on Sun Jul 27 13:18:25